Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tunes that you jsut can't get out of your head!!.

• 20-03-2002 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

What are the tunes that you cannot get out of your head?

Today I heard someone humming a tune of a Simsons episode. You know the one, Superbowl episode. I think it was the tune playing while Homer was waiting in the tyre place for his free balancing.

I want to know what that tune was.

As an afterthought, what are the tunes that just get stuck in your head.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The theme from Susperia was wedged in my cranium for some time not so long ago...

And when I first heard Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness, it got pretty much lodged in there too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

The tune you're talking about is called "Spanish Flea" as far as I know.for some reason I can't get the intro to "Suitepee" by SOAD out of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Andrew WK - She's so Beautifull is shtuck in me noggin at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

there was a little spanish flea....

yep, that is definately one bugger to get out of your head. i often um it to annoy people :)

anothre one is the great escape

and the theme tune to the ant eater in the pink panther show. anyone who knows me will know it, as i hum it constantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

'Christ raping black metal' by Marduk.Mmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

jingle bells!!! Iheard sum1 singin it earlier & cnt get it out of my head!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by immort4l
    'Christ raping black metal' by Marduk.Mmmmmmm

We're not talkin about you favourite tunes here. We're talkin about tunes that get stuck in your head, like "Can't get you out of my head" by Kylie for example...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

some1 started playing MC Hammer - Cant touch this yesterday and it's one of those dam songs that when u hear it u're singin it alllll day! but that was yesterday and now i got that stupid Six song stuck in my head...NOOOOOO!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Weezer

Buddy Holly...

Had it in my head for weeks..good song....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

STOP!
    Hammer Time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've got "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus going around my head since yesterday afternoon.

Not that I mind that song cause I actually quite like it :)

Thank christ it wasn't steps or something suitably soul-destroying *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Dandy Warhols for about the last two weeks..... bloody Vodafone ads. Occasionally being rplaced by Nickelback - How You Remind ME. I am hearing that everywhere I go.

This Thread should b banned!!! It has me singing all weird songs now!! Even songs i'm making up as i go along!! helllllllp meeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

well by luking at this thread, the song the came STRAIGHT into my head with "cant get up outta my head" - fecking song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

New car today the old car's gone away, cos Nissan is the best.........

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by flyz
    New car today the old car's gone away, cos Nissan is the best.........

:p

You absolute bástard. You are the child of Satan!! About a year ago that song was permanently stuck in my head, and I'd forgotten completely about it after the ad's phased out... but now you've just put it back in there!!! Demon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

ok it's back! MC Hammer here we go AGAIN!!

dum dum dum dum dum dum Cant touch this......(repeat * 10million times!)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

"Break it down!":D

Also got "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon" by Urge Overkill from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack stuck in my head! And Jungle Boogie's creepin' in there too now.

another song i cant get out of my head at da mo is "Crazy World" by Aslan. Oh my god helpppppppppp meeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeee i need Psychiatric help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I normally get ****e songs like the theme tune of barney stuck in my head or the tunes to afternoon chatshows. Countdown tune was stuck in my head for about 2 weeks. As a spinoff, what tunes do you sing/listen to in order to get rid of the tune stuck in your head?

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Theme from "Going for Gold". I want to cut my head off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

That music that you'd hear at a circus, and the ghostbusters theme tune, and the theme song to the good the bad and the ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There she was just a walkin' down the street singin'... DOO WAH DIDDY DIDDY DUM DIDDY DOO!

argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the theme from blockbusters (the origional)
    the theme from happy days (dont mind this so much)
    songs from grerase (i just cant stop!!)
    the theme from diff'rent strokes (arggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!)

dat six song wrecks my head it justs sticks in da back of ur mind and will never leave ahhhhhhhhhhhh wat ever will we do??? were all doomed, doomed i tell u!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

'centra - for the way we live today'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Theme tune to Austin Powers one:

De de de deeee
    de de de deeee
    de de de deeee
    de de de deeee

and so forth NRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

JINGLE BELLS! BATMAN SMELLS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Would you believe two songs by Kylie Minogue, one appropriately named "Can't get you out of my head" :D and "In your eyes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I spent several weeks trying to get rid of the various songs from the Buffy musical episode, only to have them replaced by Shakira's "Whenever, wherever".

And then some absolute FSCKERS mentioned.....

dum dum de dum
    de dum
    de dum
    Cant touch this.....

To which I can only offer in return....

Alright, stop, collaborate and listen,
    Ice is back with a brand new invention.....

or perhaps a little dose of :

Informer,
    you no say me no daddy me go way now,
    a licky boom boom down.

I hope you suffer.
    jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Little spanish flea,that stupid kylie song and The final countdown-quite possibly the greatest musical achievment of all time-

COME ON,ALTOGETHER NOW-WE'RE HEADING FOR VENUS..............

Advertisement