Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying To Unwind

Options
  • 20-03-2002 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

WHAT GOES THROUGH THE RECESSES OF YOUR MIND AS YOU LAY IN YOUR BED TRYING TO FALL ASLEEP?

MY PROBLEM IS THERE IS TOO MUCH GOING ON UPSTAIRS SO I HARDLY EVER GET SLEEP :)

AHH, WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR 8 HOURS OF UNINTERUPTED PEACEFUL DEEP SLEEP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

As I sometimes do night shifts (as I am now) and lay awake thinking of work when I finally get to bed, I have found that waterfalls are quite relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

listen to Polichinelle by "The Prayer Boat" I gaurantee you will be out 3 songs in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

Firstly, write down everything that you think you'll have to remember for the next day, and put it in your bag to care about tomorrow....remember you can't do anything about anything till tomorrow.

Then have a nice warm bath...put lavender and Neroli into it, lavender will help you sleep and the Neroli is uplifting for your mood.....so altogether they'll make you sleepy and stop any angsity (can't spell that.....it'll stop you worrying )
    :)

Then slip into some cosy pj's and hop into bed...soothing music is good...., but not essental. Sometimes if it's to nice, you keep yourself awake to listen to the next bit.

Make sure you get into bed before midnight, so that your body clock dos'nt start into an engery burst and wake you up for another 12 hours:p

Lastly rest......

Don't worry if you don't fall asleep straight away....your body is resting and thats all you need. When your relaxed try counting backward from 100, and don't worry if you lose count.

After all you'll have the nicest sleep and the sweetest dreams..........:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SHEILA

I will try it, thanks for the advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolfbag

Here Sheils, I think you may have been given similar advice previously here, but try smoking about an eighth of really crappy Dublin soapbar while guzzling 6 or 7 cans of say, LCL Pils or something equally classy. After a noisy and cathartic vomit (somewhere inappropriate like your flatmate's cat's littertray is especially good) you should find that there is now next to nothing going on 'upstairs' (I'm presuming you weren't referring to noisy neighbours) and 10-12 hours of almost coma-like sleep should be yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

indeed, my grandmother swore by that remedy and she lived to a healthy old 36years.....

failing 7 cans of ALDI's finest larger i'd have to go with a quart of meths with a bottle of Buck Whaleys wine and the next thing you know it's autum and your living under a bridge in montpellier.

sweet dreams

Advertisement