Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life after Napster???

• 30-03-2001 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

We all kno the future of napster is in doubt, but what then? i have tried other programs such as newtella, winmx, aimster, scour exchange and audio galaxy, most of which connect to the napster server. In fairness winmx aint half bad but it connects to numerous servers which napster is one of and when looking for a song which might be slightly less popular, its tha napster server which u will most likely find ur desired tune on.

Now i kno that at the moment napster is the most popular file exchange program in the world and with the most users it has the most songs and the biggest archive. I also know that whatever program succeeds napster in the amount of users it possesses will obviously become the most popular program, gain a huge user database, be loved by all, be spotted by the major music recording companies and then it will be shut down, at which point the baton will be passed to another program which will no doubt suffer the same fate.

So basically what i am trying to say is....
    which cpu is better, AMD or Intel??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Audiogalaxy is great, download their satelite program. I've been using it this last month or two rather than napster.

What you do is book the songs you want to download via the web. They database all the songs that have ever been on any users computer ever and show you up the results. Along side this is a measure of availability - i.e. how often this song can be gotton online. You just book the song and it will download it whenever it can. It a less instant way of getting songs, but its far more persistent and you don't worry about failed downloads etc (it can magically resume somehow).

Advertisement