Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jet Li

• 20-03-2002 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have been watching Jet Li films.. ones done in China and dubbed.. you know the type... Anyway damn he is good and the films are actually very good too.. like the firght scenes in Twin Warriors were amazing! Crouching tiger style, in fact the girl from crouching tiger was in it!. I think another was called the Enforcer and that had a good story too.. I think there is one on Sky Digital tonight

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

the enforcer was jackie chan wasnt it? could be wrong

it was his first american film

BomB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Jackie may have done one but Jet Li certainly did

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_info/0,3699,2365363,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

I think I have 2 Jet Li films on DVD for sale, I not sure will have to look, I have doubles, if any one is interested, I let you all know tomororow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I recommend 'One upon a time in China'.
    Fantastic stuff..

Romeo must die - Brilliant too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

I have Once Upon a Time in China Part 1 and Part 2, damned good, theres a mini documentary about Jet Li on the dvd for part 1 too. He was veru famous in China before he did movies. Romeo must die was so so, it didn't really use Jets abilities.

Ranger which Jet Li dvds have you got ? Am interested.

• Advertisement

Forgot to say I prefer them in their original language, undubbed because the dubbing in most is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I think Black Mask was class - BIG body count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i got a great jet li flick off play for 13 euros
    tis called shaolin temple
    tis great and sum of the fights sequences are amazing
    if its still cheap yas should pick it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by Jpaulik
    Ranger which Jet Li dvds have you got ? Am interested.

I'll let you know next week, I am off to london today and the dvd's are in my parents house,

Some good ones I'll tell ya.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

You should see the movie he's bringing out, its like the Matrix meets Highlander with a hell of alot more action and martial arts.Its called 'The One' and its about the main character trying to become the best person in this world basically.I won't say anymore but it's really cool

• Advertisement

It would wanna be cool, all his other western films have been poor.

This is the one where he gets to bate da **** outta himself repeatedly isn't it ? A good Jet Li and a bad jet Li, and the bad Jet li goes into diff dimensions and kills all the other jet lis ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Exactly! Looks promising

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Johnny Gomez
    You should see the movie he's bringing out, its like the Matrix meets Highlander with a hell of alot more action and martial arts.Its called 'The One' and its about the main character trying to become the best person in this world basically.I won't say anymore but it's really cool

Hmm 'The One' is on one of my friends FTP sites for ages, might download it now that u mention it, unless the DVD is due out soon is it?

Its not no. Only in the cinema now in the states I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I have seen "The One" when I was in the states and the film itself is Sh!te and a half, as usual Jet Li's martial arts stunts are amazing but the storyline is boll0x.

Jason Stratham is in it(turkish out of Snatch). He's good. By the way the DVD is available in the states www.play.com have it.

My two cents

So Ranger, you back home now ? What Jet Li dvds do you want to offload ?

Advertisement