Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 3 queeries

Options
  • 20-03-2002 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey,haven't been playing q3 online that long so..
    what settings are best for isdn??

ie:maxpacks,rate,pushlatency etc......

I'd really appreciate some tips with regards netplay and a more smooth game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I use:
    rate 7000
    cl_maxpackets 50
    cl_timenudge -20
    snaps 40

You should also look at some other people's configs, because it could make an immediate improvement to your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Net stuff -

rate 7000
    com_maxfps 125
    cl_maxpackets 50
    cl_timenudge -20
    cl_packetdup 0
    snaps 40

other relevant stuff -

com_hunkmegs 150
    com_zonemegs 64
    com_soundmegs 32
    cg_pmove_fixed 1
    cl_predictitems 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I use these settings, since I play mostly on 128k isdn :

rate 10000
    cl_maxpackets 60
    cl_timenudge 0
    cl_packetdup 0
    snaps 40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

You lads keep forgetting one very important factor in your net settings -

COM_MAXFPS

This IS linked to your net connect - I play com_maxfps - 125, but the ideal settings for isdn would be 76-99. If you go over that you will flood your connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Thanks very much lads,much appreciated.Mindphuck,you and your clan still up for a game of ctf??

Do you people use team speak/roger wilco or binds?I saw a demo of ck playing and it seemed as if they were using a proxy,because they had more binds than keys :) Any idea what it was?

• Advertisement

most clans around here use Roger wilco... at the moment FH use only binds, but the best thing is Roger wilco and binds combined.

I dont know about cK... i would have thought they'd be lanned for their games and could all talk to each other, but most likely they had a coach who was timing all the items.

you can get timing scripts that coaches use, where you enter the time you picked up an item, press a key to say which item it is, and it tells when it will reappear (like <RL at :42>).

Originally posted by immort4l
    it seemed as if they were using a proxy,because they had more binds than keys :) Any idea what it was?

ya OSP has built in commands like in qizmo, where %L in qizmo gives your location, #L does it in q3. and #I gives the nearest item and that kind of stuff.. have a look at the readme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

thats exactly what I was lookin for cheers :)

Advertisement