Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox weekend sales..

Options
  • 20-03-2002 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

The XBox did er ok, not bad, could have been worse..

"Microsoft has not yet confirmed how many it made available in the UK, but C&VG, breaking the news, conservatively estimates 80,000, of which 48,000 were apparently sold. To put that into perspective, Sony sold roughly 70,000 PlayStation 2 units in its first weekend."

Eurogamer's spin on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    The XBox did er ok, not bad, could have been worse..

"Microsoft has not yet confirmed how many it made available in the UK, but C&VG, breaking the news, conservatively estimates 80,000, of which 48,000 were apparently sold. To put that into perspective, Sony sold roughly 70,000 PlayStation 2 units in its first weekend."

Eurogamer's spin on it

I think M$ may have shot themsevles in the asking for such a high price over this one. To buy an X-Box with one pad and Halo is about 586 Euro or soemthing like that. The better part of 600 notes for a console(that you can use) is a *VERY* high asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeha, the 48,000 figure is confirmed for the UK. Thing is, that was their best territory in Europe - looks like they only shifted 80,000 in the entire continent, making it into their poorest roll-out yet (Japan moved 124,000 machines during the same period).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

game sales seem quite good tho in fairness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    game sales seem quite good tho in fairness..

I thought games price would be a real sticking point, i mean €80 is cheekishly high for a game, what is the sterling price for Xbox games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I don't really care about all these "next-gen" consoles there all a bit **** in a way. PS2 Games are way to short....x-boxes are short too and gamecubes are too childish so i've given up on consoles now.

• Advertisement

feck thats a big sig.

Anyway chernobyl the games are in or around 45 sterling which converts to roughly €73.

Ouch, looks like we lose out again.

(Price came from EB online and i used a Sterling/Euro converter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭7Day Theory

But most importantly they are below that magic £50 number and they are even cheaper in the US/Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i spoke yo a guy in my local game and he said sales of the xbox were very slow.
    Reckons its too dear.

SOny were smart to bring out a platinum ps2 games the week before the xbox launch. I predictde this a long time ago.

M$ lower youre dam price!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes I feel that the price of the X-Box and its games are playing a huge part in the lukewarm take-up of the machine.

I constantly walk into Game and others and stand there bemused at the price tag of the whole thing. It's freakin' ridiculous...

• Advertisement
Advertisement