Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone answer this? Werid one.

• 28-03-2001 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

A user here has somehow managed to remove access to the services on her W2K machine.

So when she logs in everything works fine, but all services on the machine do not have access rights to run when she is not logged in (eg. Post-login, machine locked) which translates to the machine being useless.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to look to fix this (beyond nuking the machine). I've done something similar before on an NT machine by messing with policies+users, just can't find the matching thing in w2k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

give her admin rights on her own machine smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well duh. She does. I said this already.

The problem is the services don't have admin rights. So to repeat myself...

When she is logged in (admin rights) all services work fine.

When she is not logged in, all the services don't have admin rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'm not at my comp now so i cant be sure on this, but cant you set the rights the services use in the manager? I'll see when i get home. bbl

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yep, if you load up each service there is an option to allow the service to run as Admin. But that is checked on, so she's messed it up somewhere else. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Not sure about win2k, but going from NT - You say she is a local admin, might she have changed the admin-user account password that the services are using? ie. they have been set up to use the old password and fail authentication?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Run POLEDIT or if she has been daft enough to leave regedit unlocked pop in that way

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement