Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the roleplayers

Options
  • 20-03-2002 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Does anyone actually post anything vaguely related to roleplaying in this forumn or is roleplaying an oxymoron that is lost on me ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

There are a good few roleplayers here.

tbh the majority of stuff here is computer based, but it does cover the whole spectrum.
    Not that I'd count mmrpg as roleplaying per say myself, a lot of it is power play. The vampire online community is about the closest you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Does anyone play actual roleplaying games like from Games workshop? is it any good? I never have so just curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The warhammer RPG was ok, but gamesworkshop are more geared to tabletop play. Most of it a good laugh, and myself and nog spoend quite a bit of our time and money playing them with turns. huge huge armies, each turn taking a age to play the games spanned days.

But now that I'm out in the bogs I'm away from all that city madness :/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

Do people play roleplaying games?

Well, short answer, yes :) A lot of people do.

People on this forum? Well, I know I do, I've just been involved in a very, very epic DnD campaign, I've played a lot of White Wolf stuff, GURPS and, well, er... lots of other games of both tabletop and Live Action types. I know there are a few other regular posters who play rpgs too.

There are quite a few active roleplayers in Ireland (roughly half of Gaelcon's 500 attendees go there to roleplay in some way, the rest would be wargamers and cardgamers) and you can usually find them via things like the igaming@yahoogroups.com mailing list or turn up to one of the numerous cons (there's one next w/e in Maynooth, check out www.dominicon.ie.

Does that answer your question at all?

Lir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I know a good few role players. There is a LARP running in Dublin every month for Vampire, the Masquerade and Werewolf, the Apocalypse. (Contact me offlist if you are interested to join).

Otherwise I know a good few people who have campaigns running on loads of different tabletops. We play everyweek, 3 STs, one for Kuei Jins, one for L5R and one for Dark Ages. So we play a different game each week and it works pretty well.

Not always the same person being ST/Player and it's cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

In reply to Sauraman...

I have played and written convention scenarios for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (Back in the days when White Dwarf - Games Workshop magazine become catalogue - published RPGS Stuff) and I have to say, of all the games I have played it still remains one of my favourite settings.

The released a scenario valled "The Enmeny Within". All the awarsds it has won are fully justified. It rocks.

Now WHFRP (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay) has been aken over by a lovely gent called James Wallace of Hogshead Publishing, who has finally released a re-vamped magic system, 14 years afetr we cried out for one (God, I have been gaming for far too long)

so in short, yes, WHFRP rocks, will continue to develop now james has the license and will rock some more.

There are also a few good variants on the 40K scene (two of Dominicon's writers do a damn fine one - keep an eye out for M0x1e and Oscars stuff at cons), but nothing GW official per say yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭VisHnU

Well if anyone is interested I was thinking of setting up a WHFRP or MERP adventure. Its been ages since I GM'ed either game so I would be happy to play too ?
    Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I don't get it, what do you consider 'role playing' to be? if you mean the 'dress up as a fireman' type jobbie then i think YOUR on the wrong board :P

Advertisement