Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

publisher?

• 20-03-2002 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

I need a really good tutorial on it. The kind that includes how to intergrate a access file into it. a database as such. and any thing else you can think of.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wildcard

Are you talking about using MS Publisher? It's not really THAT powerful at all, and if you want DTP I suggest getting a copy of QuarkXPress 4.1 somehow.

SAMS 7 day guides are good. You can get one off amazon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

What i needed it for was to get a job they wanted the person to be able to use the god dam thing. got the jist of it. Still one thing i cant figure out. An e-mail thingy like you click lets say college it gives you all the college e-mails how would you even attempt something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wildcard

Hmmm...you seem to be talking about a HTML page linked to a database. This is NOTHING to do with MS Publisher. If you are indeed talking about a webpage with database access, then you're looking at using something like Frontpage or Dreamweaver to make the page, and SQL server to run the database. If it's something you access on a computer or a non-internet network you could do it using MS Access and file-sharing. It's still not really got anything to do with publisher. I think you need to define the problem more. What exactly do these people want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

learn quark, it will give you much better carrier prospects, or even pagemaker, publisher is for amatures and no repectable printer will even touch the stuff.

good tutorial for the basics, dont expect to make masterpieces on publisher.

Just the basics

• Advertisement

actually wildcard you can do what hes asking from publisher, but i wouldnt advise it, look for somewere that says insert link or something like that, you get a little display type in the name you want to give it, then the address.

its been awhile since i did this, better to look up the actuall help file and search for (linking) and (email)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Boston
    learn quark, it will give you much better carrier prospects, or even pagemaker, publisher is for amatures and no repectable printer will even touch the stuff.

good tutorial for the basics, dont expect to make masterpieces on publisher.

Just the basics

fantastic reply there
    and this is after the fiasco on the admin board :rolleyes:

i dont see your problem, i dont want to either, pm it to me or keep it to yourself

Advertisement