Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV Card

• 20-03-2002 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I am a sky Digital customer with no way of accessing British terrestrial... unless I obtain a British/NI FTV card.
    In a nutshell, I'm willing to pay and if anybody wishes to assist...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Or can anybody inform me how to get Briitsh terrestrial via analogue? I live well above sea level in the South west...

Moving to belfast, unfortunately, is not a viable alternative...

Specifically what part of the South West are you in. South Coast TV cover a large area of the South West so you may be able to get the UK channels from them.

If you are going to be spending money on aerials and amps for South coast tv,maybe you would be better off just buying a sky digital box with a working BBC Card from either ebay or qxl.
    At least then you would be guaranteed perfect reception-rather than fringe stuff from South coast.
    mm
    p.s
    Shane , you put the above thread in your favourites aswell:D

Quite true. And even if you can pick up South Coast there is no guarantee that they will keep broadcasting. The BBC are on Sky for good and after you pay the initial cost for the box and card it is free forever. Of course if you get a card from a friend or relative in the UK it is totally free.

madman - I was considering putting it in as a signature :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I keep getting a 404 on that link above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

byte

Go raibe míle maith agat!

Fixed the link. Sorry for any confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have a FTV system for sale! Box + card

• Advertisement

Preferably i would like to buy an FTV card which is not married to any set top box. Mummy and daddy aren't too keen on the ol' fraud thing and yet another box near the TV would arouse suspicion!
    I have no way of getting a card from friends or relatives so if anybody is willing to make some cash at my expense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Guys, If you are discusing buying and selling, please take it off list, boards.ie has a very useful private messaging (PM) utility, for contacting folk off list.

Gracias mucho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I don't know how the guys feel about giving info about E-Bay and the like (but if it's a problem feel free to delete this post, guys).

Unfortunately I can't help with getting an FTV card myself, but sometimes they go on sale on E-Bay. There are 5 of them for sale (together, I think) at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1340684278

I'd imagine you'd have to pair one of them to your box yourself, which doesn't seem to be too difficult to organise (loads of advice on other threads !!).

Maybe you could find four other people who'd be interested in buying them with you (by private message, of course).

Good luck.

Bidding there is VERY low at the momet for five unopened cards... but being 17 and w.o cr card i cant bid... willing to pay €40 for one card...

byte

The price is per card, I think.
    This is a Dutch Auction (Multiple Item Auction) - it features multiple quantities of an item. All winning bidders pay the same price - the lowest successful bid at the end of the auction. Dutch Auctions (Multiple Item Auctions) do not use proxy bidding.

HTH :)

Advertisement