Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being logged offf automatically

• 20-03-2002 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

I'm being logged off automatically (presumably something to do with cookies) every few minutes. I had used a maching ina café this morning but didn't log off. What can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm not being logged off but its takin ages for pages to load, and sometimes i have to refresh b4 they'll load!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Same as azezil
    except i get logged off when i post ( admin .is this some sutile
    hint ) or has it got to do with my wicked fast typing skills.

quite frequently when i hit reply i get "page cannot be displayed"

[wild theory]
    when u banned those other chaps this started happening, their ip addresses looked similar to mine, ie that of the college, and many other colleges. if i remember correctly from when mods we allowed see ips ;) the first 2 octates of TI and WIT's ip address are the same
    [/wild theory]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Static M.e.
    Same as azezil except i get logged off when i post ( admin .is this some sutile hint ) or has it got to do with my wicked fast typing skills.

I think I have it sorted. I deliberately logged off and haven't had the problem since (presumably it then ignored the other cookie).

Static, try logging on and then off immediately and see if it then behaves.

that didn't work for me, maybe i wasn't too far out?

see attachment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I'm getting similar connection problems. I'm using Indigo at the moment, and I seem to be loosing contact with a box called "irdub-inex.global-vpn.net [193.1.208.198]" which is on my route to boards.ie.

Zab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there was problems with ntl connectivity last week too.
    maybe there's routing to troll issues?

Advertisement