Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Problem, need help.

Options
  • 21-03-2002 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

My ps2 seems feckered and i don't know why.

Basically when i play dvd's i get a fullscreen picture but when playing a game the picture is not centered, it's off slightly to the left. Also the picture is curved inwards at the side, therefore cutting off the left edges. I thought it wierd and blamed the telly until i tried it on a different tv and the same happened there. I was hoping someone knew how to fix it or put me in touch with someone who might.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I have a proper dvd player, it's for the games that it's happening and it's really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

If you have a Widescreen t.v. then its the tv. This is s common problem with widescreen t.v.'s. Some games(MGS2 ect) allow you center the game in the menu settings which fixes the problem. The curvey problem at the edged I suspect has got to do with the t.v.'s geometry, another bane of widescreen tv's. Now if you do not have a WS telly thats a different matter but again some games will allow you adjust the gamescreen.

No it's not WS, tis a normal 21" fergusson :( tis a few years old (still has scart).

Q: If i get a scart lead with all the pins will it help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Worth a try Q_ball.
    You could always be picky and take the PS2 back to the shop and ask for a replacement.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, think i'll have to be doing that 2moro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Just a story regarding returning a PS2. Last month the PS2 I purchased in Game in Blanchardstown, December 2000 just upped and died. This was a real bummer for 3 reasons, 1. The machine never got used that much, 2. The gaurentee period was up by 2 months, 3. MSG2 was due for release in just over a week. On investigation of the problem I came to the conclusion it was probably a faulty power supply unit. I rang around and the best price I got for repair was €100. On the off chance I packed up the console and returned it to Game. Expecting an argument or at least a heated discussion along the lines "the gaurentee is up so we are not responsible ect" I got a nice suprise when the guy took the box, looked at the reciept and with no comment other than "that's unfortunate" gave me a brand new console(controller, leads and all). So if in doubt bring it back.

BTW I also contacted Sony who did give me the "the gaurentee is up" line, but said any machines that fail after the gaurentee period will be replaced by the store where it was bought for a fee of €120. So all in all, "Nice One Game".:cool:

Originally posted by Prisoner6409
    I got a nice suprise when the guy took the box, looked at the reciept and with no comment other than "that's unfortunate" gave me a brand new console(controller, leads and all). So if in doubt bring it back.

Lol, that could have been myself who replaced it for ya :)

Advertisement