Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Telly On NTL Digital

Options
  • 21-03-2002 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

how much of RTÉ1, Network 2, TV3 and TG4's output on NTL Digital is in widescreen?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

None of the Irish channels switch over to WideScreen. The output is the same as analogue, ie 16:9 format. It's really only the british ones which switch over correctly. Hope that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what else could i have expected. i was looking forward to the 16:9 format on Sky. if cable doesn't have it then i'm sure Sky wont. one correction. analogue broadcasts with the black bars top and bottom are in 14:9 :)

thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    what else could i have expected. i was looking forward to the 16:9 format on Sky. if cable doesn't have it then i'm sure Sky wont. one correction. analogue broadcasts with the black bars top and bottom are in 14:9 :)

thanks for replying

Well - the Meteor Ireland Music Awards were shown tonight on BBC CHOICE - in full 16:9 anamorphic - so they must have been filmed that way. Here's hoping it is a sign of things to come from the Irish broadcasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fingers crossed

Advertisement