Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music

Options
  • 21-03-2002 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Where can I go to find traditional Irish music played in pubs?
    I dont want a tourist place, an old fashioned pub where the people still have a good time with a pint and some music.
    I long for the old times when u wouldnt have to ask, it was everywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The Cobblestone in Smithfield

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

Gub Dandy's- Terenure-
    Great place- only opens at 9 though.
    The back of O'Bradys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24
    Where can I go to find traditional Irish music played in pubs?
    I dont want a tourist place, an old fashioned pub where the people still have a good time with a pint and some music.
    I long for the old times when u wouldnt have to ask, it was everywhere.

best thing is to go out west. avoid galway, head for sligo or clare... donegal is also still supposed to be pretty good. head for the palces that don't have big posters advertising the music...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

have to second bombidol on this one

go up church st. till you get to a junction on which will be a pub called The Tap i think,turn left there and go on down the road for 5mins and the cobblestone's on yer right. they've had sessions on there at the oddest times,stuff just happens,its a great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

or just walk down the quays till you get to smithfield, its up the top just follow the pylons

BomB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

tanks for all the information!

Advertisement