Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's World - The End Of An Era

Options
  • 21-03-2002 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Alas, the show that is Men's World has had it's last programme. Both Jack Black and producer Jeff Keogh have got jobs on Spin FM working on a chat show due to start in April. All of us at Phantom wish them the best of luck to them and we've pleased as punch at their success.

Jack told me that working at Phantom was instrumental in getting the gig. Nice to see other stations recognising the value of Phantom. Wish the authorities would do the same...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

This must be a little frustrating for you guys at phantom. Would I be wrong in saying this isn't the first time you have lost personnel to licenced stations. This shows that aside from the obvious facts regarding the licence the mere fact that you don't have is "actively" crippling you guys all the time, cos you can't hold on to staff coz its voluntary

. Not trying to stir any crap here but in a cynical way people might say phantom is a training ground for DJ's before they move on to bigger things? As I said its just a thopugh not an attack on anyone.....something similar is bound to happen with gigsmart aswell I suspect as we run on a voluntary basis, but when money comes into convictions are sometimes set aside.

All the best to the lads,
    Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i'm jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I like the site, slick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

Hey pete, can you play something good from offspring?
    tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

Ack! Wednesday nights will never be the same. Good look old chap.
    What are they gonna replace it with? Hope it's just as entertaining as Jackey boy.
    Oh yea, and bring back morning breakfast shows during the week! There's nothing like getting your favorite song played before you head off for a long tedious day at college.

Ps. Sinister Pete, you dance like a lunatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Ya gotta have a hobby. Cheers for your words of encouragement. We'll be working on getting a morning programme started as soon as we can. As for Men's World, producer Jeff Keogh says we can keep the name and continue the show if we can find a suitable host and researcher.

Advertisement