Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux + My Modem = :(

• 01-04-2001 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry to bother you lot with my stupid questions again but I'm desperate...

You see my modem is a:
    Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem

But as Rockwell sold off its modem thang to Conexant it's proving very hard for me to find out just wtf kind of modem it is and if it will work with Linux.

Linux is certainly not detecting it anyway.

So if anyone has Linux + a Rockwell modem and has got it working before, any help would be muchly appreciated!

Tants again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

ur modem is a "winmodem" and its pci, so ur in a bit of bother as it aint goin to work with linux. ur best bet is to get an external modem or get a lucent win modem as they are about the only winmodems support by linux, as lucent has released the driver to open source. also there is a possability that ur modem may work, u can get the driver for linux here http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
    I dont think ull get it workin as iv the same modem and the driver doesnt work with it.

its a good site, and has a modem mini-howto and has a list of modems that work with linux.

Advertisement