Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

love? money? happiness?

Options
  • 21-03-2002 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Good evening radio enthusiasts. I can exclusively reveal the following details about tonight's Thursday Challenge programme:

Worried about love? money? happiness? A mystic tarot palm-reading soothsayer psychic will be live in the studio to discuss your astrological predictions. Text in your queries, and your star sign, and we'll get you on air for an exclusive one-to-one session.

There's an adult x-rated episode of Aer Finglas to look forward to, make sure the kids are in bed.

Cheap shots at other radio stations.

Tony Divney running up massive phone bills that sinister pete doesn't know about.

Many more exciting things and interesting stuff.

If you'd like your horoscope predictions tackled then just post your query below and it will be presented to the mystic tarot palm-reading soothsayer psychic tonight.

Message ends.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭anarchy

I'm a scorpio and i'd like to know what my chances are of playing in the european cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 silas o'rourke

Your chances are quite slim unless you happen to be in the Manchester United team, which will easily win this prestigious competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

sign : cancer
    b-day 6-29-77
    what are in the stars for love :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭anarchy

thank you irishlily24. Your details will be passed onto our psychic madwoman. Are you an American by any chance?
    Also, regarding your love prospects, keep an eye out for balding, overweight, middle-aged investigative reporters with BO problems. ahem.

thank you irishlily24. Your details will be passed onto our psychic madwoman. Are you an American by any chance?
    Also, regarding your love prospects, keep an eye out for balding, overweight, middle-aged investigative reporters with BO problems. ahem.

• Advertisement

wha?

ahem, why would you tink i was american?
    lol
    nice horoscope :)

I have it on good authority that Americans write the month first, then date, in your case 6 - 29 - 77, whereas we write the date first and then the month.

well, u got me, I am irish in america. But I am coming back to ireland in june for good.
    thank god :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

Ah..
    Forum flirting is so cute!;)

• Advertisement

I categorically deny that any flirting took place, please refrain from questioning my professional integrity.
    My interests include fishing, nights out and fine wines.

Ohhhh,
    You got me interested now!!!

14/03/79

Tall and handsome!!
    I hate fishing though.
    ;)

Pisces eh? Your details have been noted, in the meantime avoid speeding ambulances and eat plenty of sweets. Romance should happen soon, however bestiality is against the law so be careful.

Your too funny.
    so, Silas, do you work at the station then?
    you always seem to know what's up.

I am an investigative reporter for Thursday Challenge, however I'm not sure those guys appreciate the amount of work I do. Particularly one of the presenters, Keith, who keeps bullying me and blames me for leaving cups of coffee lying around and not flushing the toilet properly.

well, we appreciate you silas.
    lol
    :)

No one appreciates you as much as me Silas.

I'm afraid I'm not a pisces
    14/06/79 is right
    Gemini

Ask the gypsy-psychic if I am going to be rich soon will ya.
    Or at least will my mates lend me money tonight to buy cans?

I can exclusively reveal that your mates are not only going to buy you cans, they will also purchase a tray of flagons and a case of Buckfast Special Reserve 1982. However, a brush with the law is not an impossibility so make sure you have a concrete alibi.

Jassus

Six Dutch would have done me!

Thanks man!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Circe

What chance if there for a devastatingly attractive and witty Virgo to find true love? It's so difficult to find sentient/coherent/conscious men in this city.........

• Advertisement

I'm glad you asked me that question. Virgos should watch out for the full moon in Uranus, this may lead to irritable bowel syndrome. True love is indeed hard to find, however a trip to Buskers on Fleet Street should sort that out. Watch out for beer-bellied, semi-literate rugby jocks; what they lack in sensitivity they make up for in sheer stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

did her name start with a letter..? I'm sensing her name began with a letter..
    excellent stuff..

THAT WAS A GREAT THURSDAY NIGHT CHALLENGE SHOW, AS ALWAYS :)
    ?
    WHY IS THE SHOW SO SHORT? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT FOR A COUPLE HOURS, THE DJ'S ARE GREAT FUN :) AS YOU ARE TOO SILAS. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Why indeed is the show so short? A good question. Well if you ever got a whiff of the studio after those lads you'd know that the reason the show is short is out of concern for the health of rockin' boppin' ray mcgowan. Any longer and there would have to be a period of quarantine-like recovery for the studio equipment and the soft furnishings.

I think you understand.
    Don't tell Joe and Keith I told you that.
    They don't like their secrets coming out.....
    Especially the sodomy thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hmmm,

Ewwww.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

I cant tell you how much I enjoy your comments, and again the show !!
    My fave thing to do is to laugh, I wish I could hear all of you despite the uhh, (u know) lol
    Do you all get to hang out at the studio afterwards? what goes on at the station after and before a show?
    I am very interested, I think I may want to work for a station myself....especially if I can surround myself with intellectuals such as yourselves. :)
    lol

I'm not an intellectual myself, but I have it on good authority that before each show there is a huge row in the Phantom studios between the two presenters and the station managers. Screaming, physical intimidation and excessive swearing are all part of the pre-show 'warm-up' as the lads call it. Usually the station managers are objecting to alcoholic beverages being brought into the studio, as well as farmyard animals, surfboards and the gigantic monolith of a machine they call 'The Name Generator'.
    After the show it's all hugs and kisses, and 'darling you were wonderful', etc. Those comments about the smell in the studio are totally unfounded and should be retracted immediately.
    I will convey the positive feedback to the board of directors of Thursday Challenge and I am sure I can convey in confidence their gratitude.

THANKS, YOUR GREAT :)

TELL US ALL SOME MORE ABOUT YOURSELF SILAS, I AM SURE EVERYONE IS INTERESTED TO KNOW :)

• Advertisement

some people might find that very upsetting
    click on your 'user cp'

Advertisement