Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience

• 21-03-2002 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

I am a second year student in tipperary institute software development.
    Bascially what i would like is a 5 month placement in anything that is connected to computers im not pusshy.

I adapt fast and easily and i am a friendly guy.

here is a copy of my CV.

Location of job anywhere in ireland.
    I would also like a list of possible places to stay near the job.

Any reply would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

STFU BAZ.
    get me my tea bítch, and stop posting shíte on my board....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

dont be such a smart ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I don't have anything on offer but may i suggest a few pointers for the cv:

It's a bit barren, if you did well in the leaving cert or college exams stick in the results.

Sum up your skills at the start, i.e. have a quick statment which sells yourself. Something like "Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software components, Teamworker with administrative abilities and leadership potential" (i think thats mine ;))

Give a quick summary of types of OS's, software apps etc. that you are competant with / used.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

there is a software company in galway hiring at the moment
    with plenty of space available , i think they do this kind of thing
    great bunch of people
    there called ADC Software or somethin used to be Saville
    you should give em a call , wouldnt hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can you get some more specific details than that static.
    it may help someone get a summer job or something,
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Kraken

Just a thought, but if you know anyone working high up or a long time in a factory. You should ask them to have a word. Nearly all factories have it DEPARTMENTS, which usually take on students

Best of luck

know how it is . Been there done that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by azezil
    I don't have anything on offer but may i suggest a few pointers for the cv:

It's a bit barren, if you did well in the leaving cert or college exams stick in the results.

Sum up your skills at the start, i.e. have a quick statment which sells yourself. Something like "Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software components, Teamworker with administrative abilities and leadership potential" (i think thats mine ;))

Give a quick summary of types of OS's, software apps etc. that you are competant with / used.
    Yep, you'd definitly want to fix up that CV a bit...
    I doubt they're too interested in what primary school you went to :)
    Expand more on your work experience and interests, don't be afraid to write a good paragraph on what you've gained personaly and profesionally from each of your jobs, no matter how seemingly crap said jobs were.
    That should give them a good idea of your work ethic, and what kind of employee you're likely to make.
    Also expand more on your Software development diploma, what areas were specifically covered, and how much it's helped you etc.
    Think from the employers/interviewers point of view, they're not just looking for a DIY application form.

Advertisement