Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intergratable data base's on a web site? need help

Options
  • 21-03-2002 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the thing i have an interview for a 5 moths work placement tomorrow and i need to know how to do this.
    Oh and we have to use access and publisher.
    So here is what i can do.
    make the database in access nothing very hard there.
    can put the databse up on the web
    but all it shows are the tables and i need to have it intergratable. So what i need is either a website that will guide me through it or someone to come up with a soultion.
    Learned access tuesday never touched it before but know how to do most things with it now.
    in the process of teaching myself how to use publisher atm.
    i pick things up fast so any help would be great.
    Even if i dont get the job id still like to know how to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

wha? Can you be a bit clearer please and btw using access to power a web page is bad news if you have a good bit of traffic.

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Yeah i know it is a bad idea but its what they want.

Here is the thing to have the database up on the website. And to allow you to alter on the net and store the information on it. i think. No sure how to explain it. its hard to figure out ive spent ages trying to figure it out its recking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

http://www.nalcro.com/sample1/admin/admin.asp

Login to that
    username = real
    password = estate

edit the company details
    then view your changes
    if thats what your talking about.
    The site works on asp which I assume you know is saving the data on an access database.

Your going to need a few things if you were to make something like this yourself
    dreamweaver ultradev 4 (30meg+) go through the tutorials
    Nt server to host your asp pages.
    Unless your annika rice I think youve run out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

If so, I don't think you'll be able to integrate a database. You'll need the likes of Macromedia UltraDev for some WYSIWYG integration, but you will have to learn asp to have full control over what you are displaying on a webpage.

Advertisement