Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is Tom Dunne a stain?

Options
  • 21-03-2002 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

it has to be said the mans taste in music is crap. the show just keeps getting worse. ive stopped listening by the way. im not one of these people who listen to moan about it later. when compared to donal dineen his show is as good as that twonk on 2fm in the morning.
    i say tom should be made just shut the **** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Thats a bit harsh in fairness!!

Although the range wouldn't be as good as Dave Fannings show(which has amazingly been scuppered by RTE) I'm still glad it exists. Granted, most of it is three minute guitar power pop but its not so bad. Donal Dineen is grand too, although I have to say, I'm not as big a fan as I was a couple of years ago. I'm listening to more Xfm in bed these nights....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While I don't like a lot of what he plays, it's refreshing to hear something different or new and on occasion I hear something that I really really like. He's doing a grand job on the breakfast show at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walls_fan

I'll disagree with phil. Pet Sounds rocks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I have to disagree. Petsounds is an excellent show! The man has a great taste in music. Just take a look at his weekly top ten from his site Petsounds

Elbow, Doves, Badly Drawn Boy, Mull Historical Society, Dandy Warhols, The strokes................the list goes on.

What does annoy me about him is that now and again he plays pop hiphop/r + b. He also isnt a Van Morrison fan which is a crime in my opinion. Apparently he doesn't rate AstralWeeks:eek:
    At the same time he (for some strange reason) rates the woe-ful Travis! (+ Ash!:eek: )

On a lighter note, he introduced me to the finest pop album of all time, the beach boys petsounds. He also introduced me to the brilliant doves when they released lost souls.
    I have noticed that I dont listen to the show as religiously as I used to..........................hmmmmmmmmmm

Advertisement