Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE 11:59 April 30th 2002

• 21-03-2002 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Just recieved (unofficial) news from an insider that the launch date for RTE on Sky is 11:59 ( A minute before midday) April 30th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Interesting.....
    BBC2 launched on April 30th 2001 in ROI.
    Maybe UTV will join in 2003??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

TV3 in 2004

What else!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

excellent

must keep checking other channels to look for tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Carrolls,

Was your "insider" a guy called "FIRE" on the DigitalSpy forum ?

He posted this last night -

"I guarantee RTE will come on digital in April on the 30th at 11.59pm probably"

If this is your source, it should be pointed out that this was intended to be a joke, and he actually said "11.59pm", which is just before midnight.

The joke being that RTE would launch with just one minute left in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i cant wait for RTE to arrive but i think we have a long wait. Anybody try and get an answer from RTE? If the uplink dish is not built yet i think it will be late april sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It's almost ready, as Marconi has mentioned in the other thread.

Advertisement