Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please!!!!! Don't Suck Episode 2!!!!!

• 21-03-2002 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else really worried about this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nope, hate star wars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The stuff I've heard recently is making me feel a lot better than after I had seen Episode 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

From what I heard its meant to be really good. Lucas wanted to make up to the fanboys and did so in a major way. See the review on aintitcool.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

The first Star Wars (Episode IV) is the best. Easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I watched the trailer yesterday and it looks a big improvement. The special effects look fantastic and there's a couple of smashing battle-scenes. The acting looks just as strangely stilted as in Episode 1 - I suppose it can't be easy when your co-stars and the entire background get added two months later by a computer.

If its good it won't restore my faith in George Lucas though, I think he lost the plot on Episode 1. It'll just be a pleasant surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Everyone knows that Empire was the best in the series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Are'nt Nsync in this one?

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Everyone knows that Empire was the best in the series!

No way. Empire didn't have any good space battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what month will Episode 2 be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by daveirl
    No thanks be to god they changed their minds

They were cut afaik.

And it's out may 16th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I'm a return of the jedi man myself........eechie wowa

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?
    Dante Hicks: "Empire".
    Randal Graves: Blasphemy!
    Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Robbo
    Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?
    Dante Hicks: "Empire".
    Randal Graves: Blasphemy!
    Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets

Best summing up of why "empire" is better than "jedi" that I've ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yup its from Clerks, one of the best movies ever

BOmB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

The trailer sucks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Which trailer? There's four of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Probably the old fake one (you know, the one with the FCA dressed for Braveheart running across the field with added lightsabers)

The "Breathing" trailer was good. Short and atmospheric.

The "Mystery" one had a few good one-liners from Obi-Wan and some great shots of a chase through Coruscant.

The "Forbidden Love" one was soppy, yeah, but the love story is only one of the sub plots of the movie, so that's ok.

The "Clone War" trailer kicks ass, but is it just me or have movies fallen into complete CGI overkill?

Look at the effects in movies like Close Encounters, 2001, Blade Runner or the original Trilogy. There's still a lot to be said for models and matte paitings.

Still, we should be greatful that Uncle George decided to make another Trilogy. If he did'nt, we'd be moaning about that!

quote :

"Empire didn't have any good space battles."

Maybe not, but the chase throught the Asteroid Field, the Hoth ground battle and the light sabre duel between Vader and Luke more than made up for that.

• Advertisement

Star Wars is still better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Im cautiously optimistic, but honestly, im looking forward to Spiderman more.

The best thing abot "Return" is the conversation about innocent Death Star builders getting blown up from Clerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll go and see it anyway, I should think.

The fact that Christiphor Lee is in it is a weighty factor in my choice also.

I'll never forget something that they said in Empire magazine "Christiphor Lee is his own special effect."

Even if it is the same knumb-nuts SFX-fest as the last, Lee should blow all that away.

As for the best Star Wars, I can't say I particularly have a favorite.
    They really do have to be viewed as one.

But one of the greatest scenes in movie history was in Jedi.
    The part where Luke cuts of Vader's hand.
    Everything just comes full circle.
    I remember way back when I first say that, I was just "WHOA!".

That was the part that everything was leading towards.
    Luke looks at his own mechanical hand, and realises that it's basically Vader's hand, and that he is going to become him.

Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Originally posted by doubledown
    Is anyone else really worried about this?

No not really. I have a life.

It's Only A Movie !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Originally posted by doubledown
    T
    The "Clone War" trailer kicks ass, but is it just me or have movies fallen into complete CGI overkill?

Saw it too. It DOES kick ass. Its the best of them all.

I suppose you have to have alot of CGI fer the Sky citys and such. Shoulda stuck with a muppet fer yoda tho.

IMO Episode 2 is going to be better than Episode 1. Its gotta. Its just gotta.

Advertisement