Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i register .ie domain?

Options
  • 21-03-2002 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

how do i do this ??? please help

this is not a very comman domain and would like to know what is requied do i need to be a company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

do i need to be a company.
    In short, yes. It is the easiest way to register a .ie if you are a registered company (ltd/plc) or if you have a Registered Business Name (RBN).

FYI: Registering a business name costs just €30, see www.cro.ie for more information

You should probably shop around the Irish Domain Reg/Hosting market as a lot of these companies can offer .ie's for less then the €127.67 the IEDR charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MondaySpuds

After the reg of a Domain name....

there has to be a host..
    now with the cost of Domain names high... is there any cheap places to host.. it for a professional Business site...

Just need a little advise... + does anyone know a list of Domain and hoster that i could shop around on...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You could try: http://niceone.com/irl/subcat/12/6/0/0/Hosting%20Services.html as a short list.

There used to be an IT Directory for Ireland that was run by an Irish web hosting firm, but they just redirect it to their site now, so I won't give post the link.

MondaySpuds - feel free to PM me for more info/help.

Advertisement