Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox picture in black and white

Options
  • 22-03-2002 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just got my xbox last night .Tried it on my TV in the room and the picture in black and white ,but works fine for the ps2. I tried the main tv which works fine , any body got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

When you say "you got it" is it a PAL or NTSc machine?

Have you switched on PAL60 mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ironfist77

Its a pal machine and i tried PAL60 mode. I also rang xbox support and they said i should buy the "advance scart lead" instead of the one in the box. Any body think that will work?

Can you plug it in using the 3 pin sockets instead of the scart option?

Afraid not , the scart connection is the only option:(

Can you try it on someone elses Tv first as this should isolate the problem, if it works on your friends TV then you can see that your TV is the prob and if you go and get the advanced scart get it direct from MS so that you can return it if it does not work.

How old is your TV?

• Advertisement

The tv in my room , which is around a year and a half old (but was a cheap brand) works fine with ps2 but not the xbox .Now when I try the xbox on the tv down stairs it works fine.The tv downstairs is older but it’s a better brand. I hope that the advance scart lead works , but after paying for an xbox , 2 games and a dvd remote control im not really in the mood for spending another 50 euro on a lead. Any way thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

that happens to me with a dvd player, when I change the AV to AV/S (S-cable), my tv is a panasonic quintrix, I switch back to normal AV and it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I knew that microsoft couldn't put all their power into a console and make it work properly.:)

I now have color , thanks to one new advance scart lead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

advance scart lead = service pack one.

microsoft now have more of your money for no good reason :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I had to get a different TV cable for my PS2 last year - no biggie.

I also had to buy a multitap to play four player on my PS2 - oh this is starting to add up isn't it?

Oh and then I had to buy some memory cards for me and some friends - Oh dear...

After that I had to put up with substandard release titles...

Oh but I got to play DVD's...well, most of my DVD's...and if I configured it a certain way I got a green picture...if I configured it anyway I got a bad quality picture.

Perhaps think before you slag off the XBox...it makes sense. Playmore, moan less.

Advertisement