Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL twat deleteing mail accounts?

Options
  • 22-03-2002 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

[rant]

Last night I went to check my mail, and out of the 7 iol mail address I have, 2 where not working. That was fine, I just assumed IOL where having some server problems.

This morning I heard from a reliable IOL source that some idiot deleted 12,000 IOL mail accounts. I don't know if that is common knowledge at this stage, but what are the incompetent ****ers up to now?

I know they will be restoring all the mail accounts over the next few days, but what about all the mails that where sent to these accounts while they where gone?

Very annoying. Idiots.

[/end rant]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by bubbles

and out of the 7 iol mail address I have, 2 where not working.

Bubbles through and through. WTF would you want with 7 email addresses?? I used to have loads, but keeping track is a pain in the arse. I now have 3. College, Work, and Hotmail for anywhere access and for collecting all my spam :)

People **** up. That's life. Teach you for having too many email adds :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Blade hurry up and reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Ha! Just thinking that myself!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

seamus thats a stupid response to a serious post, if you've nothing constructive to say you should just shut up. I'm sure 12,000 email addresses from 1 ISP going down will have upset a lot of people around the country and they've a right to know WTF is going on. Thank you Bubbles for that informative non muppet post and just to let you know their back up and running again and hopefully you didn't loose any important e-mails.

BTW: I've 15 e-mail addy's and I use them all regularly for various different types of people, companies, services etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

LOL u sad bast@rds sittin there watching!

• Advertisement

actually you where there for 10 minutes typing that reply. :p

see here

I was on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Another stupid response:

I've got about 10 email addresses... thing is tho that theyre all on my own mail server so the only idiot that can delete them is myself...

Moral of the story is... if you want more than 4 email addresses manage them yourself cos one always goes arseways. Murphys law dictates that its always the most imporant one too...

Anyway Hobbes I don't know how other people surf but I've always got 3 or 4 browsers open even just surfing and replying on boards, that page doesn't show them all and gets easily confused.

blade.jpg

It's ok we don't need excuses! :)

getting back on topic.. heard a tale years ago that for thier conviction of being with IOL back when it was a BBS they got thier accounts free gratis forever. wouldn't of been them removed?

• Advertisement

Nah it's not them, it was pretty much all of them including new ones we got recently. Anyway their back now so all is well. A lot of them accounts your on about were infact cleared, mine was one but I got it back soon after by re-registering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ive jsut got my account back, and some spam to boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

I got mine back too, but no mail in it, and I know there was mail sent to it. Not very important though. C'est la vie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

I have a funny IOL story

I signed up with Iol-nolimits about 3 weeks before they stopped accepting new acounts.

I have 2 lines and they put it on the wrong one - they said they needed me to e-mail them to authorise them to cancel the account on the wrong line. so I did - but in the mean time they found my origional form with the right phone number on it. so a few days later they changed the lines.

About a week after iol stop taking acounts i dial up to hear BEEP BEEP BEEP - i ring them up - they tell me they tell me they got an e-mail authorising them to cancel the account. I tell them that the e-mail was very explicit and spacifically told them to cancel one line and activate the other. They just told me "Sorry were not taking new account"

I couldnt do anything - the next day they ring to confirm somthing or other and i wasnt there - my v. tired v. pregnant step mother answers and gives out crap to them - and by the time i get home i have no limits again - still do

tech support are muppets

Advertisement