Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to be a townie

Options
  • 22-03-2002 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

1. Reebok Classics- You cannot claim any townie status without these. Must be gleaming white, gold stripes are best down to yellow or orange which are considered a bit pikey by the Townie hierarchy.

2. Tight Dark blue levi's or designer jeans- a must for that casual townie look, put them as tight up your ass crack as possible for extra points. Discard them after 3 washes as they will be too faded.

3. Gold Jewellery- quality doesn't matter here, what counts is size and quantity, the bigger your jewellery the more of a towny you are.

4. Pukka Motor- Any chunk of **** will do as long as the wheels cost more then 1000 pounds and the stereo is so loud people experience a sonic boom when you drive past. Add a sticker saying, "Mission Aborted, gone for a spliff" just to show your tough enough to smoke weed, as well as "A bit of a nutter".

5. Football Knowledge- Read every piece of **** you can find about football and memorise it word for word. Then next time your down the pub, spout it out like your Jimmy ****ing Hill making sure that everyone can hear you and note what a Townie you truly are.

6. Lying Skills- What ever happened to you the night before always double it to increase your Townieness. For example if you drank 8 pints tell everyone you drank 16 pints, if you had a little disagreement with a small man at the bar, tell everyone you had a huge fight with 2 massive geezers etc. etc. (also never admit to puking up or losing control in any way whilst drunk or you will be classed as a MUG)

7. Ability to act "hard"- Even if you are a weed who is sh** scared of everyone, when you are with 20 of your biggest mates you can shout at people who are on their own, try to pick people who won't say anything clever, Old people seem to be a popular choice. (remember to stop this act when yo are alone or you will get beaten ****less)

8. Strut- Although you are probably very insecure (usualy penis size or sexuality) develop a walk which says, "I'm the don, and I mean ****ing business". The more threatened/insecure you feel the more you should exaggerate your style.

9. Shoes- Wear slip on shoes with big buckles as these are essential to getting into night clubs.

10. Shirts- try to wear a smart shirt at all times, pastels, bright orange or lime green are favourite colours, fake designer labels to aim for are Ralph Lauren, Versace, Calvin Klein.

11. Finaly- Any music with real instruments should be descibed as, "Heavy Metal s**t" whilst out with your mates (ym's), even though you can't wait to get home and listen to the shi*ty new OASIS album. The gayer and more irritating the vocals the better it is, although once it gets in the charts you must stop listening to it, but every time it comes on claim that you had it on import or white label 3 years ago. Also if you can blag that your a DJ you'll score a lot of extra geeza points.

.logic.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

WoW! I qualify on all counts! Is there a Prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bravo.
    Perfect on all counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i bet you are from the south side, cause that describes no one

bomB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

wtf is a townie?
    Originally posted by bombidol

bomB
    Funny, i was just thinking it sounds like most of the northsiders i know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Originally posted by Dustaz
    wtf is a townie?

Funny, i was just thinking it sounds like most of the northsiders i know ;)

If they're the only Northsiders you know then you must be a real krusty skanger ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

a townie is actually english slang for scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

most scumbags cant afford cars
    although it does sound like a dirtbag from finglas

bomB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

LOL classic!!! I know at least 3 people that fit a few of those like gloves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

bomB

You bet wrong, I live in Drumcondra. Want any other bets?

.logic.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Dustaz
    wtf is a townie?
    Skangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

it correctly describes alot of people from athlone anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

bomB

It's just a piss-take, Skangers prob shoulda been the heading but don't cry about it.
    Also if you can blag that your a DJ you'll score a lot of extra geeza points.

love that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

At gigs they always rub each others shaven heads too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

yeh townie is a english thing as far as i know.

its what the heavy metal/grunge/pop freaks call ppl who go to clubs.

also nerds tend to use this word, or the country folk. popular word used by ppl who sit behind computers tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Neil3030
    LOL classic!!! I know at least 3 people that fit a few of those like gloves!!

I know about 300,000

Unfortunately.

Btw, is there anything more sickening than tons of gold jewellry on a girl? Or is just me who feels physically ill at the sight?

:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

You know it makes sense, infact, its almost logical!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by PiE

I know about 300,000

Unfortunately.

Btw, is there anything more sickening than tons of gold jewellry on a girl? Or is just me who feels physically ill at the sight?

:\

yes there is:
    moustache
    beard
    peni5
    a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Neil3030

yes there is:
    moustache
    beard
    peni5
    a horse

Ohh god nooooooooooo *vomits quietly in the corner*

Its a neddy no no to be playin tonsil tennis with a chick if she's got more stubble than you (or has more spare tyres than a weekend at silverstone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by logic1

You bet wrong, I live in Drumcondra. Want any other bets?

.logic.
    I bet you have a shaved head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie

I bet you have a shaved head

I like pie.

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement