Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Eddings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hold off on Jerle Shannara till September... i read the first 2 over a year ago which meant i finally caught up and read all hs books... but then i find out the next one is not out for another year and a half! agh.. first time since so far all the books i have read had been out years...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well I'm a Wheel of time reader :) I'm used to long waits between books

my mam went to dublin to day to look for the new david eddings book "regina's song"£, some friends of mine in holland got it and told me it was great.. but apparently it ain't out here yet.

how is it out in the netherlands and not out here.. bloody annoying that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Same as that on the wheel of time, dunno how long since the last one now. Ya can get Regina's Song here if you want it bad, it won't be out in Ireland for a while yet, asked in local bookshop last week, valued customer and all that, said she'd order me a copy from the states...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I just finished the Mallorean there last month,

Got home at the weekend and Belgareth, polagara and the rivan codex were there,

read 90 pages from belgareth but had to leave them so as i could study for repeats it's great so far,

especially after the "oh no it's over now" feeling i got from the mallorean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

me not like his works. too basic. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, sometimes basic is fine and that was the case for the belagariad. It's when he re-releases the belgariad as another series and then has the nerve to point out that it *is* the same that I think to myself, is this guy stuck on basic stories? can't he write something original?

oh, re-read the belgariad only this time keep an eye out for innuendo and "dirty old man" belgarath. it's actually quite funny sometimes...seeing as it is written by eddings and it is an enjoyable slant, it can't be one he intended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hey He gave us sparhawk and faran so what ever flaws his earlier works have can be forgiven
    well all execpt that whiney
    C'nedra wench

Thead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pendulum

Aye Mr Eddings is quite predictable now :(

Loved his books when i was a tad younger :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Good God lads?!?!:confused: This has to be like the "The Lost Thread" How long av u bin ere? Damn it now I sound Scottish. Neway, wheres the Mod? I don't think my threads have ever gone on 4 so long. Though I notice ye've all lost the plot, yet again :D:p:D

Advertisement