Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Pro: ports problem

• 06-04-2001 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Since upgrading (again) to Windows 2000 Professional recently, it's downright refused to acknowledge the virtual communications ports COM3 and COM4... which all previous O/S'es (and a previous installation of Win2K Pro) picked up just fine. Even when I manually add them, it flat out refuses to talk to them. This is a pain as my modem was on one of them and so now it's inaccessible.

Any suggestions?

I'm sticking with 2000 Pro this time, btw... apart from this niggly little problem (and FIFA 2001 not running, even though it says it will under Win2K), it's the best yes from MS.

Bard
    "Ooh! You're so clever today you'd better be careful your foot doesn't fall off." -Nursie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Have you got the latest drivers for the modem enumerator(The device which maps the virtual com ports to the actual modem on the pci card). When thats installed it should then probe the virtual com ports, find your modem and install them from the same driver set.

Im not sure what it shows up as in the device list... pci serial adapter or something to that effect.

Advertisement