Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite TV ads

• 22-03-2002 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Mine has gotta be the Budweiser frogs. Much classier and funnier than the other Bud ad and IMO, one of the best.

Second would have to be the Nike ads---the football rescue, the good v evil.

So what do you think ??

Favourite TV ad 11 votes

Budweiser Frogs
    0% 0 votes
    Nike soccer
    54% 6 votes
    Heineken
    18% 2 votes
    Other--plz specify
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The new PS2 add. Its ohhhhh so funny. Its been ripped to mpeg (its the actual add). Get it here. You wont stop laughing for hours :)

I AM TEETH I AM FUR I AM DRIBBLE I AM THE WOLFMAN.

roflmao :D

For long term appeal, i guess the budweiser adds with the liazards & frogs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

The new Celebrations AD.
    The expretion on the toys face at the end is priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 randys pal

The Budweiser ads are classic but I have to say that the fosters beer ads were really funny too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

The new ps2 add where the man is eating the ps2 and stuff hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Adds are boring/annoying... I chanell surf or mute the sound while they're on and make some coffee.
    If an add comes on the radio - boom - you've just lost a listener.

The only add that even comes close to entertaining is that Choc Orange add... "No, she likes boxes.... she collects 'em"
    Makes me lightly chuckle somewhere in my head every time I see it.
    Still, I haven't eaten a chocolate orange in well over 5 years :)

I think it's high time we started boycotting products with annoying adds.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree! Those god damn adds about insuranse DRIVE ME MMMEEEEEENNNNTTTTTTAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cheaper this cheaper that FOR FÚCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I think that toyota one with the farmer and his powerful pick-up was brillant. I first saw it in the cinema, was funnier than the movie :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

kylie and the mechanical bull

or that old lynx add with the perfect women, ya remember it! cute girl wating in rain"oh no you not late, its my watch, its always fast"
    girl with nice tits " oh how nice you noticed my breasts"
    girl walking across courtyard thing "oh no if i wanted foreplay i would of asked for it"
    sexy girl in jumper " don't worry about forgeting my birthday i'll have another one next year"
    cute girl at door " do you mind if my girlfriend stays over"

actually lynx had loads of good ones at one time, new ones arn't great. budweiser frogs are gettin old.

CLASSICS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Gideon

or that old lynx add with the perfect women, ya remember it! cute girl wating in rain"oh no you not late, its my watch, its always fast"
    girl with nice tits " oh how nice you noticed my breasts"
    girl walking across courtyard thing "oh no if i wanted foreplay i would of asked for it"
    sexy girl in jumper " don't worry about forgeting my birthday i'll have another one next year"
    cute girl at door " do you mind if my girlfriend stays over"

actually lynx had loads of good ones at one time, new ones arn't great. budweiser frogs are gettin old.

CLASSICS!

Actually some of the "Lynx Effect" ones where quite good - that one especially stuck in my mind!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I like the new Heiniken one, where the guy is crammed between two "obtuse" people on an airplane with the music "Stuck in the middle with you..." The guy just looks so damn miserable it makes me laugh :]

And the Toyota one, "Bugger!" is good too :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i love the bud adds, the one where the lizards smack him with their thoungs always has me roflmao :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

No one has mentioned the club orange ad! I love that one. I even went off and downloaded it! I suppose thats a bit sad!

The toyota ad is fantastic though aswell. "bugger!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oor that add for a Kia (i think) guy in the little car just drives into shot "woohooo" lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That on e for ambrosia rice pudding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 foleys

Does anyone know the minor mancurian celeb in the Ad...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

The new PS2 ad, where yer man eats the controller and console in the restaraunt, saw it yesterday on one of the music channels on sky digital, had me in stitched laughing for the whole few minutes it was on. It's really long though so I don't know if they'll have it on ordinary channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'd have to say those nike adds a brilliant all of the ones they've had. One of the best being the match againist the devils and cantona at th end "Au Revoir!" yeah that was cool. The brazilian ones were cool to and the music them was class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think the john west salmon ads were the best. The ads where the man dress up in the bear suit and goes down a starts a fight with a bear over the fish.

Then it shows him running away from the bear with the fish and then the voice over goes "John West we go to extra ordinary lentghs to bring you the finest salmon" or something like that.

The best yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

I think the adds where you see one guy doing amazing tricks with the basketball and then he passes it to someone else and it conitues, think its nike, not sure.....
    i love the gap commercials, the music is always great and the dancers are cool, the swing dance one was my fave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Either 'Kate from UCD' or 'Lifestyle cinderella' for the raaar factor.

oh and...
    Originally posted by foleys
    Does anyone know the minor mancurian celeb in the Ad...???

Its not Bez :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

I think the X-Box add is excellent, the one with yer man flying through the air.

The carlsberg adds are excellent too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Missy

definately the bud add, and the celebration add when your fella is trying to sneeze!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw an ad for BBC 6 Music tonight and it was great. it was at a wedding reception and the wife wanted a slow song and the DJ put on a rock song. the wife was nearly in tears and her mother beat the living daylights out of the DJ. then something like "we play what we want when we want" or something like that. i can't remember because i was laughing so much. great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The Guinness add with the white horses galloping over the surf. Absolutely class add. Don't think they're showing it anymore though.
    There was an add for some drink, WKD or something where these guys put a fake brick wall in front of elevator doors and their mate in the lift thought he was trapped and started yelling for help. That was quite good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

The PS2 one where he is eating it cracks me up. Guinness ones are always class too "Im getting old, someday Ill lose.""Dont worry, you'll never lose". "He waits, thats what he does"
    Surf ads need no introduction.
    Drawing a blank atm, there are so many to think of.
    The skoda ads where the driver buggers off when they're about to buy it is always good for a laugh too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The new Pepsi ads with the sumo wrestlers vs. the world-class footballers are good...

The X-Box ones, I only saw this evening for the first time... amazing... fantastically crafted stuff... nice one! Made me want an X-Box without even showing me what the machine was capable of...

Top of the pile is always the beer ads though... The Guinness Dance, ... the Harp Lager "Pint o' Harp and a packet of Dates please, Lawrence"... the Bud Frogs/Lizards (although, yeah- as has been said, they're getting a bit dated at this stage)

I have yet to see this fabled Kylie cinema ad...

... ooh ooh ! ...

have yeh seen the one where the mothers arrive at the school to pick up the kids, the bell rings, kids run to cars, girl gets into a car, woman looks around and says 'Katie... your mum is over there!'... Katie turns around with an evil look of disgust and says "Shut up and drive!"...

the ad is for the car, of course, - Katie, being a stuck-up little bitch wouldn't be seen in anything less... :) - just the look on her face and the tone of her voice alone make it a fantastic ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The new nike add is the best!! The one in the ship! Its brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Defo the new Nike ad.

24 of the best players in one ad.

classic!

I forgot about teh Guinness dance!
    rofl!!
    brill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

Its not Bez

you sure???????????

• Advertisement

NEW PS2 ADD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭vAWOL

I like the kitkat ad...wher the guy is being all stealt while paintballing and then he sneezes and instantly get hit by 10 paint-balls..then continues to sneeze and gets hit by a barrage of paint-balls.
    Simple but effective for the "Have a break" tagline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by king of fifa

you sure???????????

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I never liked any of the Heineken ads until I saw the new one that's been on for the past week or so for the upcoming Heineken Weekender. You know the one with the busker on some dirty street playing the guitar and some crazy guy listening to him keeps clapping, whistling and chanting 'One more time, One more time..'

Absolutely brilliant, and if you're a busker yerself you appreciate it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The Rolo ad where the elephant gives ur man a dig when 30 years after he didn't give him a rolo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

the rolo ad is good, also the weetabix ad with the tidal wave !
    A classic, doing a re-run at moment !
    Have u had your weetabix ? !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

The Carlsberg ads are consistantly brilliant.

I work for Vision Express, and i have to say I'm SHAMED by the crappy ads we have!

10/10 to carlsberg though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Originally posted by Kevin
    I think the john west salmon ads were the best. The ads where the man dress up in the bear suit and goes down a starts a fight with a bear over the fish.

They are classics all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The guinness surfer advert is back on TV with a new voice over and now the add is for Guinness Exta Cold. It is undoubtably the coolest advert ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i like the new carslberg add myself,the one were ireland wins the world cup
    its gonna happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

it IS bez, and those ads are bollix anyway.

The bud ads are complete bollix, especially the frog ones.

the lotto ads are pleasnt enough, simple and amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tony The Monkey Child

Have any of you seen the Umbro ad thats been doing the rounds by email? Its a classic, a couple are in bed and he gets up and leaves. A few seconds later she comes down and to her disgust he is, how should i say this, pumping... except after she storms out it goes to the front and he is just pumping his football up... Its hilarious.

Advertisement