Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your help needed.......Please!!!

• 22-03-2002 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

This is not one of the "How can I get a BBC card thread......
    But (There's always a but) my problem is this:

Picture this... two Sky Digiboxes. One in Living Room with irish Suscription, the second digibox in kitchen with (BBC) UK card .
    Problem is this. Yesterday the UK card when switching to BBC1 ITV etc says "Contact your broadcaster"....
    I dont think there is a problem with the card, because when I tried it in the Irish box, I was able to view ITV/Ch4 etc. But when the card is in the UK digibox (Its married to) it doesent unscramble any of the channels only SkyNews, and the dreadful shopping channels.
    I did turn the box off for a few minutes and when I plugged it back in the same messages appeared.
    Any Help appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

all u have to do is ring the tel no that activates the card and get it re activated. U may be asked for card ser no and box ser no. U may have left the box switched off and the card can be deactivated

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

from what i have read in here all you do is leave it for a few hours until they come back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

if it is decoding itv/ch4 on the irish box but not on the uk box then it's likely the uk box is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

To further complicate issues, Pacman would you mind explaining to me how you connected up another digibox in your kitchen. I am considering doing this once RTE comes onto sky so I can cancel a ntl cable subscription. You need a quad LNB or something right? What exactly is that and is it a simple exercise to do it? Sorry for being absolutely no help Pacman and awnsering a question with another one:)

Phelim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

I "obtained" a second dish, from a fried of a friend..... who works in the tv installation business. He installed the second dish way in the back of the house, and everything worked perfect until last week.
    The reason I put the sky digiboxes in different rooms, was that to avoid the Remote control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

pacman, I don't want to insult you by asking this question.......but by any chance have you connected the digibox to the phoneline. If so, disconnect it !!

If you don't have the phone conencted, place your Irish Sub card in the UK digibox and see if SKY One etc are available. This will let you know if the digibox is at fault (Remember movies and sports will not be visible) but try Sky one, Living etc.

If you get nothing except unencrypted channels such as Sky news then it looks like the decoder is not working.

Advertisement