Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE 6 Won't Work!

• 23-03-2002 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason IE 6 is failing to load requested pages, no data is being sent or recived by the browser. I'm writing this in Opera 5 (free version) which is horrid! Any ideas why this should suddenly happen? I've set the Options in IE to default.

I've just found the fault, bloody AdSubtract ad-jammer prog, was'nt loaded!

Let that be a warning to anyone else using that software!

Now back to good old IE6.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Dunno if "horrid" is a word I'd use to describe Opera 5 (skipped from 3 to 6) - 6 I like a lot (but admit I've mostly moved back to IE in the last few weeks)

Glad you solved that problem though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Why would the fact that an ad jammer program wasn't running stop content being displayed into IE? I have never used one of them things. Is that just a typo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The Proximitron (for one) sets itself up essentially as a proxy server - all http traffic has to go through it. So if that ain't working you're not going to see anything.

Advertisement