Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x-box?? can only get better????

Options
  • 23-03-2002 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

it has got to be true
    halo,project gotham racing,jet set radio future all killer games out on the first day!
    of course things can only get better
    now all they need to do is lower the price and they should kick ass
    but will it happen or will sony continue its stronghold?
    or will nintendo be the kings again??
    wha x-box games are we gonna be seeing in the future?(shinji)
    are they all gonna be passed down from ps2 or sequals or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

it's something that people often forget when they declare that a new console is "crap" on the first day of release (or even before). Look back at the PSX for example. The early games? Ridge Racer? Tekken. All very playable and all that but graphically inferior to what was eventually released for the same console.

Not a fan of the xbox I must admit, for a few reasons. I do like the PS2 without being too impressed with it. When I do get one (and I will) I'll still be able to play my few PS1 favourites on it. So what, I hear the crowd say. And it's only a small thing - I can always use Bleem to play those. And for the moment there's the price issue - I'm not going to cough up that kind of money for it (prices will come down etc). Don't like the controller - like it even less than that for the N64 - third party controllers will be nice and sleek if that's what people want them to be.

Final view - race isn't even on for about another year. People have a bit of a tendency to buy what their friends buy (reason I sunk 74 quid into a gameboy a few years ago (er, quite a few years ago)

Now if only I could find a nice megadrive/genesis emulator and a Virtua racing ROM (i'd almost cough up for a megadrive to play it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

Now if only I could find a nice megadrive/genesis emulator

Try the 'Gens', that's a great Mega Drive emulator.

So far I don't see much to get that excited about on the X-Box. Sure, Halo is impressive but titles like Project Gotham Racing & DOA3 don't seem like reason enough to spend €500 on a console. Right now, the PS2s quality titles are finally starting to show themselves (GTA3, Devil May Cry, Jak & Daxter, Ico, MGS2) and lots more are coming. I'll be getting a Cube too, I think a few classics can be guaranteed from Nintendo and at that price the X-Box will be a joke.

The only people who seem to be praising the X-Box so far are those that were premature enough to buy it blindly at release...I've played it and it certainly isen't worth that kind of money atm.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Where can I get Gens and ROMs to use on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

"where can i <anything>?"
    "google"

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Well things are going so bad for the X-box things can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ah your just saying that to make microsoft feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I dont know if things can only get better the price is a joke and the games arent really worht the price you pay for them and now that the real quality of sonys games can be seen im not to sure.

Why are they bumping up the price of the xbox?
    That's just daft, how can they hope to sell any of the consoles at that price??

People are going to go for more established brands of consoles, and people will probably flock to the gamecube when it's released here, as Nintendo have the best rep for game consoles.

PS2 is also a great alternative...why do Microsoft think that their console will do any better when it's so much more in price and not half as many quality titles as the other machines?

If they took down the price, I'm sure the X-box would be a serious contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by sceptre
    it's something that people often forget when they declare that a new console is "crap" on the first day of release (or even before). Look back at the PSX for example. The early games? Ridge Racer? Tekken.

ah now they are but at the time they were a helluva lot better than what else was available. I remeber renting out the ps and ridge racer and just the look of it was amazing compared to anything before it, the same for tekken, cept maybe virtua fighter, that was out before it on something wasn't it? but tekken still looked miles better. Ridge Racer was the best when it came out, nothin else was close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

It seems that the retailers have been demanding incredible profit margins.

Gamesworld (who i never buy another thing from) originally pushed it to €500 and now have again reduced it €479 and i promise it will drop more.

They originally had the games @ €80 but now €70.

Lucky me, found someone who will sell me the games @ €65 and when she showed me even the profit on that i was going to kill those a$$holes in gamesworld.

Stay clear of those ppl...Game in disguise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement