Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a domain name

Options
  • 23-03-2002 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

hey
    just wondering where i go to buy a .com name i don't want to rent it. is it possibe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Domain names are leased to you on a yearly basis, and a registrar like Gandi will do this for you.

Gandi are the cheapest I've found, €12 euro (ex vat) per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

no way. the cheapest on the whole net have to be www.godaddy.com only $8.95 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

jim_bob,

If you are looking for somewhere to pay for a domain name for once off fee, you can't. You can register it for several years in advance, but once that time expires, you will need to renew it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wildcard

Personally I have used www.clicknames.net to get my .co.uk names, and have found them to be very good. I purchased names for two years at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on which services you want to have with your domain name.
    Do you need URL forwarding? (ie. redirecting to a free webspace)
    <plug>
    We do all top level domains for US$15 and transfers with automatic re-registration for only US$11.
    If you're interested: Blacknight Solutions

</plug>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by Dermo
    no way. the cheapest on the whole net have to be www.godaddy.com only $8.95 a year

I use http://123-reg.co.uk/ for my domain regs. is cheapest afaik.. US domains for stg£2.39 p.a. ex vat. .co.uk's for 40p. :)

G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

uh dude, the price for a .com in that place is £8.99 per year
    at godaddy.com it is $8.95 which is a lot cheaper than £8.99. I don't know the currency rate but $1 is worth less thatn £1. So therefore godaddy.com are cheaper for .com, .net, .org

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

http://www.affordablehost.com/order/order.html

That might not be able to beat other prices but I can tell you now after dealing with alot of Domain registars and hosting companies. They are my No. 1. I couldn't fault them

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

therefore godaddy.com are cheaper for .com, .net, .org

my bad, think i need glasses ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

im with 34sp.com it is £5 a year for co.uk domains and a tenner (sterling) for .com ones, hosting is a mere £15 a year, and although it may be dearer they really are reliable. the tech support is brilliant and they are all really nice and reply super quick. well recommended

• Advertisement
Advertisement