Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partitioning

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

mail me its in my profile
    before anyone else ask's this is a once off offer,
    I am not going to be running around to people doing it for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

u could start a business smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OSiriS:
    another thing ... is it really necessary to have such a large linux partition. The install itself is rather small in comparison to windows
    </font>

that is nonsense, any linux distribution will install about 1.1 gigs of stuff in comparison to 300mb of windows stuff. but everything u will need, will be installed in linux.

where as windows has nothin u need, so u gotta install it.

the best thing for linux is a 2gb partition at the start of any harddisk, it must be at the start or the boot loader (lilo) wont be able to boot ur linux install.(the new version of lilo will, comes with mandrake 7.2 and redhat 7.0) but most other distros dont have the new lilo. so 2 gigs linux and the rest windows.
    i have 15 gig and a 20 gig 15 => 2+13gigs
    linux+windows and 20 => 8 + 12gigs mp3z+misc(cd images and the like)
    this is a typical partition setup, but just try to put ur linux install on the first 2 gigs of the drive to save urself time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

well, neil i personlly think u should fu<k the computer, and buy a couple of packs of rashers 4 me. plz...pretty plz wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

no Lucy, ur givin up cold turkey, or should i say COLD BACON!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement