Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I feel like totaly ****.

• 23-03-2002 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

God, I don't know what's up with me these last couple of days, but I really feel ****.
    And I've really no idea why either.

I'm not going to bore people with any details.

But I thought posting about it might help a little.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Try killing yourself. It's a short term solution but I find it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Cerberus

That's not funny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Strange you should mention it, I've been up to my neck in negative bummed-out vibes lately. (man)
    Got a haircut... which cheered me up a bit... maybe you should have your mullet trimmed?
    Pampering yourself works well I find... indulge in some extremely sugary strong coffee and pig out on junk food... why only the other day I got a jar of Nutella and a spoon, with my sugary coffee, and sat down to a nice episode of Star Trek.
    My suggestion, do what you gotta' do to ride it out ... that's of course unless you can address the root of the problem.

I just ate a tub of glazed cherries.

Might have made me feel worse though. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Get some fresh air exercise,and get a good 12 hours sleep over the weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Not enough sugar in 'em :cool:

Drink more water, get more excersize... do a few push-ups or jog on the spot or something... once you get your heart pounding - you'll get that well known endorphin rush.
    Best thing is to stay active... get up and do something... hoover the stairs and landing, wash the dishes, fix something - get involved.

It's hard to know what to say though, when we know so little of the situation tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Not enough sugar in 'em :cool:

Drink more water, get more excersize... do a few push-ups or jog on the spot or something... once you get your heart pounding - you'll get that well known endorphin rush.
    Best thing is to stay active... get up and do something... hoover the stairs and landing, wash the dishes, fix something - get involved.

It's hard to know what to say though, when we know so little of the situation tbh.

or just have a a wánk......

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Listen to Morbid Angel - Domination (if you have it). That album always cheers me up for some reason. Maybe its the doom/black metal albums that you have been listening to recently that have put you down in the dumps.

Either that or just smoke some hash. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I agree with WWM.

I woke up this morning, feeling slightly off, so i threw myself off. Now i feel much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

My family has a strange history of food-induced depression. Danger foods include :

Chocolate
    Eggs
    Cream
    Ice Cream
    Milk Shakes
    Mayonaisse

Mostly Dairy stuff in fact.

Unfortunately tis very hard avoiding these foods but when I do for about a week or so its like a dark cloud is lifted from my head.

P.S.

Foods that can help depression / lethargy include :

Cranberry Juice
    Brocolli (any green veg)
    White Fish
    Liver

• Advertisement

right, a wánk followed by a meal of white fish with brocalli in a cranberry sauce followed by a lengthy run whilst listening to morbid.

gosh, bet youre happy you mentioned it all now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

maybe if you didn't dress in all black (try some "non-black" colours)...Maybe if you stop listening to music by bands called morbid angel?...and maybe as wwman said...if you have a ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Santahoe is right. As stupid as it seems excercise and eating well is a very good way to combat depression. That and anti-depressants obviously :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Get out of your house and go for a run or something. It is a bad idea to be cooped up indoors.

Try reading a book of some sort. I recommend either of Mick Foley's. He has a very humourous style.

Listen to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. Hard to stay angry when thats pumpin!

Most important thing to do is not to become depressed as a result of being depressed. Everyone hit's bad spots. It'll pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I always feel very depressed after having a ****...:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

feck Billy Joel, listen to westlife's Version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by Mordeth
    feck Billy Joel, listen to westlife's Version

Nah i'm oldskool.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Neil3030
    Hehe someone doesnt know AW. Why don't you try going out. That always cheeres me up. Get a couple of your mates together and go on the píss! Get really drunk and do something stupid or even better let one of your mates do something stupid. You'll be laughing bout it for weeks. Never fails to cheeer me up :)

Or just go around to ropes for some lovin' you know whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Neil3030

words fail me :)

Most important thing to do is not to become depressed as a result of being depressed. Everyone hit's bad spots. It'll pass.
    and thats why people just dont understand depression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Erm, if your really depressed, like seriously, dont go and get hammered. Drink is a depressant and lots of Irish men lose their lives this way.

However, its unlikely to be anything that serious so just try and identify the root of the problem and combat it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Fair point Lex.

I actually have a place, where I go to smoke when I'm down. It's at the top of this estate, a kind of park entrance, with trees and flowers. There's a bench just beneath one of those big ole Willow trees, and when the wind blows, it sways gently. Very peaceful at night.

I kinda lose myself for awhile, and then I remeber I'm slowly killing myself with these Cancer Sticks, so I toddle home before the local dropout Gardai spots me and interrogates me.

Bart Simpson-
    How Did you find this place?
    Millhouse-
    This is where I come to cry

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Cerberus

just read this bit and right now i think you are a moron for above statement will read more of this post when im not pissed and not drunk

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by SheroN
    Maybe if you stop listening to music by bands called morbid angel
    Morbid Angel cheers me up when I'm depressed. Even more than Frank Zappa as a matter of fact.

Well, for the most part, thanks people.
    To be honest, I was expecting far more snide comments.

I'm feeling alright now anyway.

I had a long chat on irc with Iceman and Dustaz.
    So I kinda got what was bothering me off my chest.

I'm not actualy gonna talk about it here, because it's rather personal.
    But I will say that Cerberus's "Try Killing Yourself" comment hit a little too close to home.

Thanks peeps.

Originally posted by AngelWhore

But I will say that Cerberus's "Try Killing Yourself" comment hit a little too close to home.

ah dont be such a drama queen.....

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

ah dont be such a drama queen.....

**** YOU! I'M KING OF ALL DRAMA QUEENS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

you can't take what people say here seriously, god knows if i took amp seriously i'd have tracked him down n strung him up by his toenails .......... again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you get pissed off with the way your life is going etc, sit and think of how much worse it could be. Mentally list all the things you have going for you, then make a plan to improve what isn't going the way you want it to.

Then have a **** :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i wouldn't advise siting alone trying to figure it out by yourself ;)

talking it out with someone you thrust is the best way to deal with this type of situation, just be sure to pick the right person to open up too :)

• Advertisement

well, looks like a lot of people are going with the 'wánk' suggestion.
    id just like to mention that that was a joke and is not a be all end all stress releving action.
    mind you, by the looks of it your all a bunch of tossers anyway ;)

Ah, I've wanked myself twenty shades of happy already... Give it a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well aparent from furiously masterbating, I find driving ranges great for stress relief. And it also involves smacking balls really hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    right, a wánk followed by a meal of white fish with brocalli in a cranberry sauce followed by a lengthy run whilst listening to morbid.

lol :D Maybe we should forward this information to aware so they can put it in their next daisy day phamplet.

AW - would you consider doing a pictorial of the above? ;)

Advertisement