Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server idea

Options
  • 23-03-2002 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

i removed this i take back what i said

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I got another idea,

How about you give me the 200 quid a month and I'll upgrade the existing servers, which we already give free hosting and give cafes, web pages, etc, etc, free advertising.

Weve been running servers for free, for the general irish gamer for the last 5-6 years now, whats really needed is some damn donations for hardware upgrades.

See this post - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45005

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

dident mean to step on any ones shoes :(

the only reason that i wanted this server idea thing to work because there are no irish t1 servers. :( and games like ultima online will never be hosted in ireland people only seem to host fps games.

any way i edited all the posts only 1 left to remove but thats been closed so i cant edit it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If i can get the servers upgraded, sure, I'll throw up a tribes server or any other server in fact if we have the cpu/ram powah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I feel your pain cr8or.
    The fact that only FPS games get hosted here is something I myself am well aware of, I personally prefer RPG games to quake etc. I also still play tribes2 and am one of the 3 members of the worldwide tribes2 community. I would love to put up a T2 server again.
    But the fact is servers are a limited resourse that devore, mindphuck and others have manged to aquire for us. And as such it makes sense to aim them at the larger community rather than a select few, naturally I'm going to ignore all this for NWNs :) .
    Holding votes seems to me to be the only way of getting an idea for the demand for a server. I've tried numerious non-quake servers before on games2, but no-one bothers with them. As for Ultima online servers well there are a few reasons why I didnt try to put one up. I'd had talked to regi about it before, but between the legal issues surrounding them, the large resources needed plus the fact that unless player shards get a large amount of players it just doesnt seem to work and by large I'm talking over 100.

If the Q3 server isnt used I will happily put up a T1 server.

Advertisement