Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAnds? Are you good enough? :)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnas

Originally posted by horsekick
    OK im maybe im gonna seem a bit mad and paranoid here but isn't it strange that Johnas posted his first EVER post 15 minutes after snoop dog, having only had the profile created today??
    Apologies if im mistaken but either way im not sure anyone's gonna take what he said seriously.

do yo have lepracy of the brain??

do you??

I bet you do??

I am not snoop.. write that down, everytime you think I am snoop, you can re-read it....

so I have 90 euro to play in fornt of you saps??

sign me up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Johnas - the philosophy of Gigsmart is to enable bands to support each other and to create a forum for band exposure.
    I don't know if you have been to any of the gigs, but if not I would encourage you to go, and see the set up.

If you read their mission statement;
    The GigSmart initiative will be run by musicians and interested parties on a voluntary basis. No GigSmart activities will be run in an effort to gain profit for any single individual. All monies earned through gigs and promotional activities will be either distributed evenly to artists/bands involved or used to secure further promotion for the benefit of bands/artists under the initiative.

you will see that they are a non-profit making organisation run BY musicians FOR musicians. To even use the name Louis Walsh in the same breath as them is an insult (unless the sentence is one in which various Gigsmart bands accosted Louis Walsh on O'Connell Street and beat him to death with their instruments).

If the entry fee for the competition seems high, I would imagine that is because it is the only way of ensuring decent prizes can be given out. Of course they could have charged €5 or €10 but then of course the winning band would have to make do with a Big Mac meal and a clap on the back.

Before you go making assumptions go and investigate what Gigsmart is all about and see the amount of unbelievable and unselfish effort that is being put in by a few people to build a real music community in Ireland.

As for that Snoop fella, eh.....moderator????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 snoop_dogg

Originally posted by Aspro
    As for that Snoop fella, eh.....moderator????

I agree bro, make me a moderator.

thanks for the support.

keep it real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Hey snoop can I have me digital camera back you said you only needed it to take one picture of yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 snoop_dogg

Originally posted by nellieswellies
    Hey snoop can I have me digital camera back you said you only needed it to take one picture of yourself

sorry bro, i think you got me confused with someone else. i already got plenty of pictures of myself

17.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

now I'm not taking sides or anything but "you're quite clearly jealous! " is what people on Jerry Springer say when criticised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Snoop man im not the one surpressing homosexual feelings. Let it out, you wont find any haters here.

Ah here i've had enough of this "no, your gay" crap. Snoop this argument has obviously been lost, so stop shelling out petty insults.

Oh and Johnas, i never said you were Snoop ;)

But in all seriousness everyone lets just let this one die. It reminds me of the never ending argument we all had with that chap kuntzallofyou last August and that thread just ended up being deleted. We all know it's gonna be pointless to argue with him.

Nice knowing ya, and good luck with the hip-hop scene and all that.
    Honestly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DG - Corrupted

Hey Tom,

When can you guys provide us with a list of dates and line-ups for the Band Wars gigs. We have a gig booked in Galway for the May Bank Holiday Weekend and need to know what the craic is.

DAve :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

There won't be any heats on over that weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DG - Corrupted

Rockin. Thanks Tom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement