Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your opinion

• 23-03-2002 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

on me,
    Being a mod is about earning respect, and treating others with respect. The odd flame war is par for the course, and being offensive once in a while is forgivable, but your self-appointed omniscience - particularly when levelled at mods on their own forums - is galling at best, and ignorant at worst.

If you don't at least attempt to earn respect, you don't deserve to be defended. Your latest string of comments illustrate your childishness admirably. You would never have become a mod on my site. I probably would have 12-clicked you as a user long ago.

Sorry man, just telling it like it is.

adam

im willing to listen to anybody opinion, once its leved in a non abusive, and clam fashion.

seriously, i want to hear peoples opinions, better to have this out on the open. i wont reply at all to this thread so people can express their views without been hasseled. if your points are valid ill try to mend my ways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Boston
    im willing to listen to anybody opinion, once its leved in a non abusive, and clam fashion.

So basically you're saying: "SHUT UP ALL BOARDS USERS"?

I have no idea what to say really, You've never gotten in my way, or acted nastily towards me, so I can't really say much.

Having been a moderator on a few different websites, there's ALWAYS a few muppets trying to get you knocked for their own amusement, or just because they're muppets.
    I'd never pay them any attention, ever mind create a thread asking what they think of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why did you start a new thread for this?

And how does one deliver an opinion in 'clam fashion'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Boston.

I would say if people are hasseling you let them know it's not acceptable. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being harrassed.

In my opinion topics on IRC associated with this site like 'Boston = muppet' especially when you aren't there need to be stomped on. If it were said somewhere other than on IRC like in 'real life' you could have people charged with character defamation for that kind of transitory 'criminally' offensive and delibrately slurring offence.

For example allowing people like Dustaz who have this in their signatures
    Show Boston you love him need to be slapped down. I really don't see why you put up with that kind of crap.
    If someone has a problem with you then that person should be adult enough to tell you so straight up, like an upright walking member of the genus homo sapiens.

Sometimes I have found your posts badly spelled, but my own spelling is not perfect and moreover it is taboo to mention such things. The fact is no one is perfect and in reality, where I like to think I live, simply bitching about people and back stabbing is best left to little winges who have nothing better to do than whinge about other people to make themselves feel important.

Live and let live I say, I really don't have a problem with what you post, sometimes I don't agree, however I like to think that it is possible to have a difference of opinion with someone and 'remain' civil. Sure call each other names in private, but once it gets into a public arena, then both parties show up their own ignorance and beligerance.

Sure I may not like everything about what you say, but that is your issue, not mine, once I make your issues into my own, then my life is no longer mine, it is governed by my contempt and malice for another and in my view, life is too short for such ascenine trogladitic and primitively contemptous compulsions and compunctions of impetus.

My advice to you is to number one, slap down those who needlessly criticise you and number two take on board what they say, proof read your posts, edit them when incorrectly spelled I would say don't jump down people's throats, but as is obvious by some of the behind the scenes backstabbing like on IRC some quite senior people on this board have literally nothing better to do than to cause trouble for you, which seems like a double standard.

Mia casa su Casa.... Muchos Gracias
    Typedef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Typedef
    Boston.

I would say if people are hasseling you let them know it's not acceptable. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being harrassed.

Set my people free!

In my opinion topics on IRC associated with this site like 'Boston = muppet' especially when you aren't there need to be stomped on. If it were said somewhere other than on IRC like in 'real life' you could have people charged with character defamation for that kind of transitory 'criminally' offensive and delibrately slurring offence.

You're a fúckwit who wears women’s dresses so it's easier to insert the rod up you're ass. O NOE I R MAKE TEH DEFAMATION! I R BETTER CAL MEH LAWYER! Clue, it's only defamation if it's not true.

For example allowing people like Dustaz who have this in their signatures
    Show Boston you love him need to be slapped down. I really don't see why you put up with that kind of crap.

I don't see why we put up with your kind of crap.

If someone has a problem with you then that person should be adult enough to tell you so straight up, like an upright walking member of the genus homo sapiens.

I would have thought slagging someone in their signature is pretty straight up. What's not straight up about it? Also it's more creative than simply name calling.

Sometimes I have found your posts badly spelled, but my own spelling is not perfect and moreover it is taboo to mention such things. The fact is no one is perfect and in reality, where I like to think I live, simply bitching about people and back stabbing is best left to little winges who have nothing better to do than whinge about other people to make themselves feel important.

Yes, it is anal to slag someone’s occasional incorrect spelling. But when spell so bad that it's hard to read the post then they're fair game. On-line the way you type is akin to how you speak in real-life(tm).

Live and let live I say, I really don't have a problem with what you post, sometimes I don't agree, however I like to think that it is possible to have a difference of opinion with someone and 'remain' civil. Sure call each other names in private, but once it gets into a public arena, then both parties show up their own ignorance and beligerance .

True, up to a point. There is a minority population on the boards (as in real-life(tm)) that are, quite simply assholes. They just don't get the hints that have been dropped numerous times.

Sure I may not like everything about what you say, but that is your issue, not mine, once I make your issues into my own, then my life is no longer mine,

Warning! debate and slagging will TAKE AWAY YOUR LIFE!

it is governed by my contempt and malice for another and in my view, life is too short for such ascenine trogladitic and primitively contemptous compulsions and compunctions of impetus.

Let's just see that again in slow motion:

"ascenine (or asinine meaning "like an ass") trogladitic (no such word but obviously a bastardised form of troglodyte - meaning like a cave man) and primitively (out of date) contemptous (or contemptuous - scornful) compulsions (an irresistible impulse to act) and compunctions (uneasiness caused by a sense of guilt) of impetus (an impulse)."

Now let's simplify that sentence a little:

Life is too short for such stupid and old scornful irresistible state of being compelled and guilty uneasiness of impulses.

Hmmm nope, I am obviously far too trogladitic to understand.

Your urge to use big words to make yourself seem like you're intelligent is let down by both you're lack of correct spelling and the fact you don't know what some of those big words actually mean. Please also see Appendix A at the bottom of this post.

My advice to you is to number one, slap down those who needlessly criticise you

How, pray tell? Physically slap them down? Slag them back? But surely this would be contradicting your previous statement that " I like to think that it is possible to have a difference of opinion with someone and 'remain' civil."

and number two take on board what they say, proof read your posts, edit them when incorrectly spelled I would say don't jump down people's throats, but as is obvious by some of the behind the scenes backstabbing like on IRC some quite senior people on this board have literally nothing better to do than to cause trouble for you, which seems like a double standard.

Could you explain exactly what the double standard is? Moderators aren't suppose to slag people? And if they are only to your face? But what if you're not around? You're not online 24 hours a day and there's so much to slag!

Let me offer some real advice to you Typedef: lighten up, watch some Monty Python, get drunk, whatever. But if you're going to post such anal shíte then expect ridicule.

And to Boston, boards.ie is a lot like being in a herd of animals. The lions pick off the ones that seem the weakest. And yes, reread your posts before you hit the submit button. Each and every post anyone makes is special. Every post says something about who you are, if you don't post at all, you don't exist.

Mia casa su Casa.... Muchos Gracias

(Mi Casa es tu casa) (Muchas Gracias)

My house is your house... much thanks

Man, you're even an asshole in spanish! I suggest you run for the next leader of the english conservative party.

Appendix A:

hasseling - hassling
    harrassed - harassed
    delibrately - deliberately
    winges - whinges
    beligerance - belligerance

"proof read your posts, edit them when incorrectly spelled" :)

Appendix B:

I still think you're a troll.

I like cake

• Advertisement

Amp, trolling is like a full-time € occupation for you isn't it?

Don't get me wrong I not criticizing your etymological rebuke, but honestly .... 'the lions pick off the weak', I'd say a little less cocaine with your cake is in order.

Nitie Nite

Yet another person who can't tell the difference between trolling and flaming. Ah well.
    I'd say a little less cocaine with your cake is in order.

Now that's defamation - implying that I use illegal drugs.

See you in court baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Being a mod is about earning respect, and treating others with respect. The odd flame war is par for the course, and being offensive once in a while is forgivable, but your self-appointed omniscience - particularly when levelled at mods on their own forums - is galling at best, and ignorant at worst.

If you don't at least attempt to earn respect, you don't deserve to be defended. Your latest string of comments illustrate your childishness admirably. You would never have become a mod on my site. I probably would have 12-clicked you as a user long ago.

Sorry man, just telling it like it is.

adam
    Yep 100% nail-hitting-head action.
    I haven't actually spoken to anyone who isn't irritated by Bostons' head-and-stick-up-arse attitude.
    Having said that, I'm happy enough to just avoid his board and posts ... now if only daddy Cloud would enable ignoring Mods. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Don't get me wrong I not criticizing your etymological rebuke

Typedef, are you on crack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Boston,
    Your posts are hard to read.It often takes three or more attempts for me to be able to understand what you are trying to say.
    For Example in this thread you mean "calm" not "clam".
    I think you have mentioned you are Dyslexic so people are maybe too hard on you, but on the other hand you often take a belligerent attitude with others.
    If your posts were easier to read,and you were nicer to people maybe people would like you more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I like you boston! ;)

You're not the worst Boston, not by a long shot. I wouldn't complain about any mod for that matter... it can be hard for newbies to get what's going on at first, i know i was lost! but once ya stick it out for a while you realise all the mods are wasters :p lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm lost, can someone pm me an explanation of what the problem (as they see) it is. Absolutely noone has complained to me about jack so far so I cant see what this is all about.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    its a continuation of this thread

Well it's more just a continuation of his continous muppetry in nearly every thread he's posted in.

Here's another good indicator:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45424

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Boston

I've absolutley nothing vested in you status as moderator- at this point all I can say is my advice is that you just lay low and dont inflame a "situation" you are fueling yourself. I think the original Poll was a bit of a Písstake, and starting threads like this is just cannon fodder for opponents.

Fight the alure of the "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

Boston, try to slow down when writing your posts, check the spelling, as we can only read the words on the screen, we can't read your mind to find out what it was you were trying to say.
    Try not to be so arrogant ALL the time. Post when you have something worthwhile to contribute. I know you find it difficult to establish when this is. Just try and take the threads you have destroyed as examples of times where you had nothing to contribute. If someone corrects you, try to not instantly flame them back because they aren't agreeing with you. If you don't agree with their correction, go off and do some research, then if necessary come back and reply. I've learned plenty on these boards by being willing to take on others opinions and suggestions. So far I don't think you have learned anything.
    You have irritated many people on these boards because of your attitude and ignorance. I wish I could ignore you, but I'm not going to tolerate someone spamming the tech board, continually refusing to acknowledge anyone elses opinion, and turning good, informative threads into flamewars. Generally you have been acting like a frustrated child, if you can't cop on a bit you should be 12 clicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Boston,
    I have had to delete and edit a lot of posts on the forum I moderate because you chose to get personal and bitchy. You cannot accept opinions that differ from your own, you are impatient, childish, obnoxious and far too arrogant.

You take offense when shown that you are wrong and have been the cause of so many threads turning into flame wars and being locked. I really could care less if you were previously all those other annoying muppets. Its your current incarnation that we have to deal with.

Slow down and respect people and listen to their opinion and people will show you respect back. If you can't do that and don't respect those in the community that is boards, then this may not be the best place for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

logic said: Here's another good indicator:

Oh, I nearly wet meself when I saw Shinji "cutting" skunk with parsley. Class! :D

adam

IMO alot of people around here go wayyy OTT on what is acceptable and what is not, anther is that some people seem to have grudges against other people and use it to encite flaming. IMO that's what's happening here.

*Stands by Bostons side* C'mon we'll take ye all on! :)

I agree with azezil.

There are some people who are 'targeting' you for want of a better word and are thus flaming because they are sad little people with no lives.

If you have dyslexia then there is not alot people can cay about badly spelled words, sure people can say that you are arrogant, but most if not all moderators here are, and if someone has a problem with you the 'appropiate' way to go about rectifying that is not moronic links in the sig, bitchery on IRC leading to flaming and trolling directed at you in particular, the way to remedy it is to stand up like a man (or woman) and simply say so. This stuff like 'Show Boston you love him' or people saying they are going to slap you down on IRC is for kiddies with no lives, no intellegence and extreme and lugubrious needs to be accepted as 'one of the lads'. Funnily enough it is this kind of social failing that leads people to participate in gang rape, riots and taking hard drugs.
    Flame
    It is easy for a groups of lads (x) to simply find someone to hate and thus overlook their own differences, an enemy at the gates mentality and unfortunately you seem to be at the wrong end of this triade.
    Unfortunately for those people they are singeling you out for being different and that makes those (afore mentioned and incriminated) people nothing more than playground bullies and pants to them.
    What goes around comes around.

• Advertisement

I agree with azezil.

This stuff like 'Show Boston you love him' or people saying they are going to slap you down on IRC is for kiddies with no lives, no intellegence and extreme and lugubrious needs to be accepted as 'one of the lads'.

Ahh so that's why you tried to ping flood me on IRC for 30 minutes the other night. You feel a need to be "one of the lads".

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Funnily enough it is this kind of social failing that leads people to participate in gang rape, riots and taking hard drugs.

Typedef, I salute you. That's the fu<king funniest thing I've ever read on these boards.

Nope.

I opened 15-20 terminals and started to ping your ip because you booted me out of #fortress.ie after a 'private conversation' we were having, where your final words were 'goodbye little boy' after promising me that you would get me into trouble with Devore 'because you could'.
    I must say, I lost sleep over that one.
    I realise logic1 that you are an important person 'one to be feared' even, but to be honest I could care less about your personal trek through egomania, I enjoy using *nix and thus post to your forum, but as regards being scared of your arbitrary threats of retribution from a great height, well that is a non-issue really, I mean threatening me on IRC 'for some reason' telling me that quote 'You are fu<ked' is just stupid, but then again maybe that suits you, again I don't care, but as is glaringly obvious with the click of bitchery, 'some peoples' wild ideas about flaming and trolling 'other moderaters and presumably other users' is simply some half baked psycosocial fantasy that causes grief for people and is akin to bullying.
    Ergo you logic1 are a playground bully, that's why I pinged your ip addr from 20 terminals and I'd do it again.
    Thanks for calling.

Typedef

Nope.

I opened 15-20 terminals and started to ping your ip because you booted me out of #fortress.ie after a 'private conversation' we were having, where your final words were 'goodbye little boy' after promising me that you would get me into trouble with Devore 'because you could'.

I must say, I lost sleep over that one.
    Typedef

Actually Typedef I think you should re-read the log. I promised I was logging your attack to pass it on to your ISP. Not sure where you pulled Devore out of.

By the way I have passed the log plus your name and address on.

.logic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Handbags at dawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    I think you have mentioned you are Dyslexic so people are maybe too hard on you,
    iirc, in the old old dyslexia thread boston said he wasnt dyslexic.
    Then again, he does love to change his tune, does he not?

Go on logic1, demean us both by lying.

You said, 'Do you know X' I said no, and you insinuated that you would 'get me in trouble' with a swish of your magic wand and promised me endless retribution for 'some reason', I'm sure it made sense in your head, but in reality 'where I like to think I live' it was just stupid and infintile.

So, you might care to mention why it is you are going around threatening people with retribution from Devore on IRC, and then we all collectively could have a great big discussion on the merits of setting topics on it entitled 'Boston = muppet' and what such things say about the maturity of the people who set them and how that reflects on boards.ie?

Seeing as how you mentioned the entire issue of sig pictures and moderator titles, is it not a bit of a double standard to allow you to act in such a crass and immature way and is it equally not a double standard to allow things like the personal defamation of another moderator namely Boston on IRC and in the defamation of him in the signature of people like Dustaz.
    Clinton's cat
    I think you have mentioned you are Dyslexic
    So leaving the issue of his bad spelling aside we move on to so-called muppetry.
    So tell me, do you think that your own muppetry and arbitrary threats as well as Dustaz sig, Shinji's telling the world that he is going to flame Boston on IRC because he 'can,should,arbitrary reason' is acceptable?
    I certainly don't but maybe you have been given the tabernacle of illucidation on this, perhaps 'we' should make two standards here one for logic1, logic1 can insist that the moderator titles and sigs are kept in order, but obey his own above board criteria for behavour, not at all, why should he, he can just threaten you on IRC and others can simply profess their own desire to 'slap down' others on this site and do so, but that's ok in logic1's book because if you don't like it he can have 'Tomo' slap you down.

Well thanks for the lessons there logic1, mate, be sure that the next time I get flamed by your IRC bitch click, I can know that it's ok, because the bitch click has nuclear weapons, be sure that said bitch click gets my hearty endorsement of it's skewed unilateralist stupidity and that I will presently be explaining to Boston why he should stand for flaming from these sources, because logic1 says so.

I must say, I'm just quaking now, please don't lambaste me logic, I just don't know what I'd do then, maybe I'd have to bitch about you on IRC when you weren't there...... yeah... that'd teach you.

QED
    Typedef.

Don't bother argueing with the child Typedef, i loged in there for the first time today and viewed first hand his childish behaviour.

Feel content in the fact that moron's like that don't amount to anything, be content to laugh at his "hard man" attitude whilst he hides behind a computer screen.

Eh Typedef, irc is not affiliated in any way shape or form with the boards, except possibly #boards.ie
    Also, as previously stated it's not defamation if there is clear evidence that it is true, which there is.
    Click the search button under boston's post, randomly pick a result and there is your proof.

• Advertisement

Go on logic1, demean us both by lying.

You said, 'Do you know X' I said no, and you insinuated that you would 'get me in trouble' with a swish of your magic wand and promised me endless retribution for 'some reason', I'm sure it made sense in your head, but in reality 'where I like to think I live' it was just stupid and infintile.

So, you might care to mention why it is you are going around threatening people with retribution from Devore on IRC, and then we all collectively could have a great big discussion on the merits of setting topics on it entitled 'Boston = muppet' and what such things say about the maturity of the people who set them and how that reflects on boards.ie?

Seeing as how you mentioned the entire issue of sig pictures and moderator titles, is it not a bit of a double standard to allow you to act in such a crass and immature way and is it equally not a double standard to allow things like the personal defamation of another moderator namely Boston on IRC and in the defamation of him in the signature of people like Dustaz.

So leaving the issue of his bad spelling aside we move on to so-called muppetry.
    So tell me, do you think that your own muppetry and arbitrary threats as well as Dustaz sig, Shinji's telling the world that he is going to flame Boston on IRC because he 'can,should,arbitrary reason' is acceptable?
    I certainly don't but maybe you have been given the tabernacle of illucidation on this, perhaps 'we' should make two standards here one for logic1, logic1 can insist that the moderator titles and sigs are kept in order, but obey his own above board criteria for behavour, not at all, why should he, he can just threaten you on IRC and others can simply profess their own desire to 'slap down' others on this site and do so, but that's ok in logic1's book because if you don't like it he can have 'Tomo' slap you down.

Well thanks for the lessons there logic1, mate, be sure that the next time I get flamed by your IRC bitch click, I can know that it's ok, because the bitch click has nuclear weapons, be sure that said bitch click gets my hearty endorsement of it's skewed unilateralist stupidity and that I will presently be explaining to Boston why he should stand for flaming from these sources, because logic1 says so.

I must say, I'm just quaking now, please don't lambaste me logic, I just don't know what I'd do then, maybe I'd have to bitch about you on IRC when you weren't there...... yeah... that'd teach you.

QED
    Typedef.

Well Typedef here's my log. Clearly you're the only liar here. Point out where *I* mention Devore, or say anything about Boston?

Please feel free to post your version of events.

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 22:33:44 2002
    Session Ident: Typedef
    [22:33] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [22:33] <Typedef> This is a test.....
    [22:33] <logic1> **** off
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 22:33:54 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 22:34:12 2002
    [22:34] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [22:34] <Typedef> \thankx
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 22:34:21 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 22:34:30 2002
    [22:34] <Typedef> looser
    [22:34] <logic1> bye bye
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 22:34:45 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 23:08:44 2002
    [23:08] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [23:08] <Typedef> this is kind of fun I have ping up to about 2.7k a second :D
    [23:09] <logic1> well done, i am logging it all and reporting you to esat and taking as much legal action as i can
    [23:10] <logic1> [logic1 PING reply]: 1sec
    [23:10] <logic1> -
    [23:10] <logic1> fool
    [23:10] -> [Typedef] PING
    [23:10] <Typedef> ok you can relax now
    [23:11] <logic1> i haven't been unrelaxed
    [23:11] <logic1> but you sir are ****ed
    [23:11] <Typedef> quakes
    [23:11] <Typedef> oh no whatever will I do not providing tech support on your forum.....
    [23:12] <logic1> well besides the fact that 99% of the bull**** you spout is wrong i'd much rather not have u on my forum
    [23:12] <logic1> you're an idiot
    [23:12] <logic1> now run along
    [23:12] <Typedef> **** you pal
    [23:12] <Typedef> go do something constructive with your self that doesnt' involve sel ingratiation
    [23:12] <Typedef> need a dictionary?
    [23:13] <logic1> obviously you do, you misspelt "doesn't" then again your grammar is pretty **** all round
    [23:13] <Typedef> ok take a stress pill
    [23:15] -> [Typedef] VERSION
    [23:18] <Typedef> besides if someone is pining you it's not me
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 23:18:09 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 23:47:07 2002
    [23:47] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [23:47] <Typedef> wow your'e so leet you know dev WOW I'd better not piss you off... oh god what'd I do with my day if logic1 had it in for me... tremble
    [23:48] <logic1> Typedef in your first day of irc you've already made a ****in moron of yourself
    [23:48] <logic1> now go away and stop msging me every 5 ****in minutes
    [23:48] <logic1> i don't care for anything u have to say
    [23:49] <Typedef> yeah sure logic ummm thanks for your input... don't forget to **** off now
    [23:50] <logic1> run along typedef, a village somewhere is missing an idiot
    [23:50] <Typedef> what you out of a job?
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 23:50:35 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 23:50:41 2002
    [23:50] <logic1> i'll never be out of a job as long as yore mas around
    [23:51] <Typedef> funny your's asked for a leased line to my forum of love....
    [23:51] <logic1> well it's fun and all listening to you try to be a geek but i'm tired of u now and putting u on ignore bye bye little boy
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 23:51:53 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 23:52:30 2002
    [23:52] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [23:52] <Typedef> wow logic you should give up your day job and become an intellectual.... seriously....
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 23:52:40 2002

Session Start: Thu Mar 21 23:53:09 2002
    [23:53] Session Ident: Typedef (~lord_niko@194.165.171.192)
    [23:53] <Typedef> Whatever you do don't ****ing act like a prick that would just smash my image of you totally.
    Session Close: Thu Mar 21 23:53:25 2002

The bit where you actually told me you were ping flooding me isn't in this log because you spouted it out on #fortress.ie but I'm sure I can dig it up if you really want me to.

.logic.

Originally posted by azezil

Feel content in the fact that moron's like that don't amount to anything, be content to laugh at his "hard man" attitude whilst he hides behind a computer screen.

lol also Azezil I'm certainly not hiding behind anything. I'd more than happy to call you a prick to your face if I'm ever unlucky enough to be in the same place at the same time as you.

cheerio,

.logic.

[ 23:44:56 ] (@logic1): have u ever met tomo Typedef?
    [ 23:45:00 ] (@logic1): i can see ye'd get on famously

So much for threatening him with tomo, eh?

hahahahhahahaha! HAK TEH PLANAT!

Oh and Logic, you'll have to get in line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well considering I had to wade thru a load of crap posts from both Boston & Celt on a thread in Politics a little while ago I think the 2 of you should just shut the hell up.

Remember everyone engage brain before hitting that submit button.

Gandalf.

Originally posted by gandalf
    Well considering I had to wade thru a load of crap posts from both Boston & Celt on a thread in Politics a little while ago I think the 2 of you should just shut the hell up.

Remember everyone engage brain before hitting that submit button.

Gandalf.
    Baiting is a long and time honoured tradition on the boards.
    Please respect it.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

As far as I can see Boston, you seem to post things with deliberate flames in them, as in the Politics forum where you talked about a "mere million Jews" being killed. Posts like that are guaranteed to be inflamatory, as nearly anyone would recognise, i think i pointed it out on that thread at the time. Thats what causes the problems, people dont just start picking on people randomly.

The idea of these boards (for me and most people i know anyway) is to be able to discuss things. The problem is when you argue you dont seem to be willing to read/agree with anyone elses opinion if it is contrary to your own, i mean try the policy of "so we've different opinions" approach, rather that "you're wrong you flaming ****with" (or similar)

Personally I've no grudge what so ever against you, this is only an online discussion, if you (or anyone else) posts something flame like then I'd either say to myself "Jesus, the fukin idiot!" and/or reply saying "relax a little and stop flaming!" - i think a lot of people have resorted to cheap slags, but then that is the price you pay for acting like (or appearing to act like) a muppet.

As for typos? Well i an usually deciper (spelling?) anyone. :P

Advice: Read things with a bit of humour!

Click "Preview Reply" before you post!

read what you have written in context to what the other person said (if it's a direct reply) consider the possibility that you are taking the other person up wrong and read their post again.

check spellings briefly and put "(spelling?)" in places where you're not quite sure its right.

read it again and see if you're flaming (generalizations and stuff)

And above all else relax! it's an arguement/discussion, I think the idea is to talk about stuff not to beat other people up until they agree with you!

What do you *want* the admins to do? Say "oh people stop disliking someone who flames you" and ban them?

And other people need to relax as well, it's only one person, skop their posts if it annoys you so much!!

<< Fio >>

ahahaha
    boston deleted four of my posts for no reason other than they made him look bad and then closed the thread :)

Boston trying to stop yourself lokking stupid is a rather pointless objective, dont you agree? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

To respond to Devore:

ive sent you at least 2 pms over this and one to cloud along with two to Vexorg.

logic1 - "Let the chips fall where they may".

Ok logic1 never says the words 'I will have dev to {n} things of retribution to you', the reality is that in the context logic1 said this as a meticulous examination of the non-private logs will show as well as logic1 acting the asshole and banning yours truly, the meaning of what he was saying was not lost on me.
    Needless to say in my opinion logic1 has had two tiered standards applied to himself and in reality that is unacceptable, I do not have to waste my time and effort engaging with such nonsense.

Deny it if you like, I personlly could care less, I have my socks to count and a whole pile of matches waiting to be made into a nice fractal shape, which I could be doing rather then denegrating myself with further discussion with you.

Aside from that you may or may not be participating in the delibrate defimation of Boston on IRC, that is a non-issue. It is a fact that people have been 'plotting' for want of a better word on IRC to flame and troll about utter crap for their own infintile and retarded amusement and moreover to in effect bully members who arbitrarily take their fancy. This is in my view unacceptable and is the kind of thing small children with absolutely no concept of the real-world get up to.

You want to put nonsense links in your sig about other mods, fine, you want to troll and bitch about them on IRC fine. You want to insinuate retribution from your 'supposed' connections fine, good for you, I'm glad you have friends, truly.

Now girls, kiddies and whinges alike, leave Boston be, go and get yourselves lives. I suspect there has been further trolling of myself for being vocal about this and so what? If you want to flame and troll people for expressing their opinion that shows your level of maturity and ultimately reflects on the level of your intellegence.
    There is a concept which one gleans from the study of psychology and that is that the truly intellegent people of this world have the capability to 'put themselves into the shoes of others', if you delibrately troll others than that in effect makes you incapable of such an etheral extension of your thought and ultimately shows you up to be of lesser intellegence.

Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for calling.. please if you have any further queries call customer support.

Typedef
    Oh and just as an aside I would appreciate it if the rest of the #fortress.ie conversation for said period was posted as it will give creedence to instanciate and contextualise the instance I am referring to.

Bottom line is that if you cannot behave like a human, and not abuse your position as moderator or any other position in life (like for example bitchery eminating from IRC) then it bequathes the disenfranchised to take action against such quilocial arbitrary suppression and malevolant sadistic acts of persecution.

Insert random large words that either dont exist or dont make sense in the context used.
    I thought you learnt the lesson about using words that dont exist/dont apply/you dont know the meaning of?
    It doesnt impress anyone and doesnt make you look like the superior linux man (you think) you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

What are you trying to defend Typedef? Your own version of free speech? Maybe you should do a search for posts by boston, spend half an hour reading them, and then post here again with a more balanced opinion. (Thats just a suggestion) Try not to type too many big words into the textbox though, because you might be tragically misunderstood.

Well Typedef I'd post a link to the channel log but to be honest it's not very interesting, plus I'm sure the version of events in your head is much more interesting.

Here's one interesting excerpt though:
    [23:13] <Typedef> hey ever open 10 terminals and flood ping an ip... it's kind of fun.... in a **** you kind of way

One thing is clearly apparent is the quickness with which you jump on your high horse and condemn everyone else but still it's perfectly fine for you to carry out all these actions you're condemning aswell as carrying out illegal flood attacks?

Bit of a double standard (I'm sure you'll be able to dig out a big word for it from your Thesauras.)

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Now girls, kiddies and whinges alike, leave Boston be, go and get yourselves lives. I suspect there has been further trolling of myself for being vocal about this and so what? If you want to flame and troll people for expressing their opinion that shows your level of maturity and ultimately reflects on the level of your intellegence.

I object to that comment.

You cannot simply go around and associate "girls" with this sort of bitching.

Thats the sort of sexist comment that makes me sick.

<< Fio >>

Seeing as how your not on irc typedef here's some snippets.

(Fio[]): i'm merely saying what a viagra needing old bugger he appears to be
    (jaggeh): **** TYPEDEF UP THE ARSE WITH RUSTY BARBEDWIRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Boston:
    In response to your original question which was to comment on this:

Id disagree with this to a certain extent. You were made a mod on the basis that you asked for a board and it was created. AFAIK, you werent marked out as a 'talent' just awaiting the oppurtunity for modship. I am a mod for exactly the same reason, an 'accidental mod' if you will. Personally, i dont think this marks me out for any special treatment outside my own board and as a result i dont think you deserve any special treatment outside your own board either. We both do a job on our respective boards and the admins are there to make sure we do that job, so users of these forums must treat us with a certain respect because we make sure the rules of these forums arent broken. Outside them however, your just another user and you must earn the respect of other users in the same fashion that everyone else does.

So with this in mind ill continue. Most of what i would say has been echoed in previous posts. You jump to conclusions. you attack people for correcting you when its quite obvious your position is untenable. You contradict yourself within the space of a thread, a page and sometimes even the same post. You misspell to such a degree that dyslexia doesnt begin to cover it. You flame, troll and are downright obnoxious at any given oppurtunity (Calling me Dustin the turkey doesnt really annoy me BTW:) ). Add to this the fact that you have 'form' and have already been 12 clicked up to 3 times before in your different guises of Joe22 and Gladiator and E-hub and it might start to give you an idea of why you arent earning the respect you want.

Most users on these boards are guilty to a certain degree of doing all of the above things at one time or another, but the key difference is its not CONSTANT. Lighten up a bit, dont assume you know everything about everything and spell check your posts. That would go a long way.

Typedef: For the most part ill ignore your posts as they really dont make a lot of sense but i feel i should clear one or two things up.
    My sig is what is commonly referred to in the world at large as 'Humour'. If you had taken the time to actually click on it, you would see that it is a link to a a URL to Ignore Boston (which as boston himself knows is something that i wish i could do). You would also have seen the helpful message that it is impossible to ignore a mod. No harm done then. I find it funny, maybe others dont. If im asked to remove it, i will but noone has yet.

You also seem to have a lack of understanding of the law. There is nothing in my sig that defames boston. However, posting comparisons between the behaviour of certain people and gang rape on a public bulletin board is starting to come a bit closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If I was to behave or post anything along the lines that Boston has written or typedef for that matter, I'd get a royal flaming, and diservedly so.

I don't like to drag myself into other peoples fun/arguements/cr4p, but really - People should read what they write before 'complaining that your getting flamed' or 'demand that steps be taken to sort it out'. Like, come on!

Just take a flaming like a man/woman, apologise, move on and as gandalf put it, 'engage brain before pressing submit'.

On the point about spelling, some of it is pure lazy mistakes or due to lack of sleep. While on other occasions I merely do it on purpose. it annoys people I don't much care for so I do it and I do it well. if flames my spelling can and will become so bad no one will be able to read it or make sense out of it.

now I know you think im some kind of ****wit Dustin, but have you ever wondered why my spelling can go from a pretty so so effort to illegible?

I guarantee if im making a serious point to anybody, on anything my spelling will be to such a level they will understand it. a part from that I cant be arsed using a spell checker for people who cant be arsed showing me a tiny bite or respect, im not so faint and self conscious to care what people I don't know think of me, maybe that's why I come off as arrogant

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    If I was to behave or post anything along the lines that Boston has written or typedef for that matter, I'd get a royal flaming, and diservedly so.

I don't like to drag myself into other peoples fun/arguements/cr4p, but really - People should read what they write before 'complaining that your getting flamed' or 'demand that steps be taken to sort it out'. Like, come on!

Just take a flaming like a man/woman, apologise, move on and as gandalf put it, 'engage brain before pressing submit'.

if the yare goign to do it, id rather they did it in the open, thats why i started this thread.

Originally posted by Boston
    On the point about spelling, some of it is pure lazy mistakes or due to lack of sleep. While on other occasions I merely do it on purpose. it annoys people I don't much care for so I do it and I do it well. if flames my spelling can and will become so bad no one will be able to read it or make sense out of it.

now I know you think im some kind of ****wit Dustin, but have you ever wondered why my spelling can go from a pretty so so effort to illegible?

I guarantee if im making a serious point to anybody, on anything my spelling will be to such a level they will understand it. a part from that I cant be arsed using a spell checker for people who cant be arsed showing me a tiny bite or respect, im not so faint and self conscious to care what people I don't know think of me, maybe that's why I come off as arrogant
    Lies, pure and simple, your just either too lazy to proof read or to stupid, for no other reason.
    Even before everyone knew you were joe you spelt like crap and this was before anyone ever flamed and criticised you.

gg pld tbh

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

... then it bequathes the disenfranchised to take action against such quilocial arbitrary suppression and malevolant sadistic acts of persecution.

Since you are so "hot" on the rules we should all adhere to and considering that you feel that you are in a position to create these rules especially for us, I hope you don't mind if I suggest one for your consideration:

Anyone involved in posting a clear, concise, perhaps eloquent or even humorous post will be guilty of not being “fluffy” enough and will have their posts passed through the Lyrical Masturbator Machine which will add lots of fluffy waffle to cleverly disguise/hide the content of said post.
    Content is bad kids, almost worse that humour (though not as bad as sarcasm)… it can lead to the taking of hard drugs and Matricide…

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement