Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your opinion

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

im not called joe, my name is boston and my real name is Fredrick aka fred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

On the point about spelling, some of it is pure lazy mistakes or due to lack of sleep. While on other occasions I merely do it on purpose. it annoys people I don't much care for so I do it and I do it well. if flames my spelling can and will become so bad no one will be able to read it or make sense out of it.

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. I never brought you up on your spelling because I brought someone up on it early on in my days on boards.ie, and I got larted because of dylexia. Now you prove that the only excuse you have is laziness and ignorance. That's really, really sad Boston. It's pathetic.

adam

no not ignorance, i can spell, quite well actually, its more i cant or wont type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Boston
    no not ignorance, i can spell, quite well actually, its more i cant or wont type.

I don't think he was referring to your ignorance of the English Language.
    its more i cant or wont type.

Bingo.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

im not called joe, my name is boston and my real name is Fredrick aka fred
    Remember I said your profile used to say you were from Galway, and you said it didnt?
    Well how is that Boston2 says he is from Galway?
    I mean no-one believes you because you always lie.
    Simple.

buhbye joe

i was living in galway when i registered, and totaly forgot it was in my sig, i changed it as soon as i remembered it

i was living in galway when i registered, and totaly forgot it was in my sig, i changed it as soon as i remembered it
    So why did you deny that it was ever in your profile and vehemently argue that you live in dublin?

i believe my exact words were "it doesnt say it in my profile", at the time you raised the issue i had long since changed it.

the actual profiles says location not were your from. there is a difference

why are you so interested in where i live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

So we can stalk you, obviously!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i believe my exact words were "it doesnt say it in my profile", at the time you raised the issue i had long since changed it.

the actual profiles says location not were your from. there is a difference

Because your a lying twat and it's alot of fun pointing out the many inconsistancies in your arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Go Go gadget night vision goggles !!

Originally posted by Celt

Because your a lying twat and it's alot of fun pointing out the many inconsistancies in your arguments.

im closer to a twat then you will ever be. when your older you will understand

im closer to a twat then you will ever be. when your older you will understand
    [edit]too crass even for me[/edit]

Exactly. You're lazy and ignorant. It's no wonder people think you're an arsehole.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

[Devore sez][Simon sez]By the power instilled in me, this thread is lo<ked.[/Devore sez][/Simon sez]

• Advertisement

well hold on a sec, in fairness you dont know me well enough to know im lazy as a way to describe me. i break my bolox when i work, this here is my off time.

We all do. You have every right to then relax by acting the muppet. Just dont complain when people flame you for it.

continuous non stop flaming for no other reason then to flame is the issue here Dustin. I mean abuse just for the shake of being abusive with no long term goal seems a tad pointless.

continuous non stop flaming for no other reason then to flame is the issue here Dustin. I mean abuse just for the shake of being abusive with no long term goal seems a tad pointless.
    HIS NAME IS DUSTAZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

lock me please???

• Advertisement

HIS NAME IS DUSTAZ

LOL. Someone's gonna go postal soon... :D

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Celt

I thought you learnt the lesson about using words that dont exist/dont apply/you dont know the meaning of?
    It doesnt impress anyone and doesnt make you look like the superior linux man (you think) you are

I might consider dumbing down my posts a little for you if you require...... but then again... why bother.
    Typedef.

Originally posted by Typedef

I might consider dumbing down my posts a little for you Typedef.

If they got any dumber they'd become some sort of anti-matter posts.

.logic.

Then again logic1 if the rod was any further up your ass we'd have to charge admission.

Boston, im not flaming. Im trying not to be too disparaging. Im merely trying to point out why people get annoyed when you post when you post.

Maybe you have a point Dustaz.... but is the Show Boston you love him link really necessary, I mean I think the point has been made at this stage.

Then again logic1 if the rod was any further up your ass we'd have to charge admission.

I suppose a flame with a hint of originality was too much to expect. Oh well.

.logic.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Boston, im not flaming. Im trying not to be too disparaging. Im merely trying to point out why people get annoyed when you post when you post.

i was talking in general, not directly at you

logic1:Yes and I would expect your pious self import to be a motif... consider me pleasantly unsurprised...

Maybe you have a point Dustaz.... but is the Show Boston you love him link really necessary, I mean I think the point has been made at this stage.

Your right, time for something new.

• Advertisement

I might consider dumbing down my posts a little for you if you require...... but then again... why bother.
    Typedef.
    jesus christ, ever try to look up some of the words you use in a dictionary?
    HALF OF THEM DONT EVEN EXIST
    The other half are just random babble put there to try impress people with your "knowledge" which you obviously dont posess.

Also, putting a small sentence in a foreign language at the end of your post doesnt make you seem any more intelligent either.
    OH LOOK I CAN SPEAK LATIN OR SPANSIH etc.

as it will give creedence to instanciate and contextualise the instance I am referring to.

Bottom line is that if you cannot behave like a human, and not abuse your position as moderator or any other position in life (like for example bitchery eminating from IRC) then it bequathes the disenfranchised to take action against such quilocial arbitrary suppression and malevolant sadistic acts of persecution.
    creedence > credence
    contextualise > not a word
    eminating > emanating
    bequathes > bequeaths
    disenfranchised > deprived of the rights of citizenship (this makes a lot of sense)
    quilocial > not a word
    arbitrary > Based on or subject to individual judgment or preference (doesnt make sense in its context either)
    malevolant sadistic acts of persecution > You would think someone was being racist and slaughtering people with this, when all that's happening is people are giving boston and typedef there due.

Please get a clue and try to know what words you are using before challenging someone elses use of the english language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Jesus, Boston - not only are you arrogant, childish and ignorant, you're also a sucker for punishment. Or perhaps for attention?

No sooner do two or three long threads where your trolling have led to you being slapped down by several people die down, but you start off another one on the Admin board from the ashes of an old one. You just can't get enough of people talking about you, eh?

I've rarely seen a Boards user so downright pig-ignorant as you are in your attitudes towards other users and your approach to discussions. You consistently jump into threads spouting ill-founded and ill-informed opinions, and then when this is pointed out you become astonishingly aggressive, rude and inflammatory. Your Tech board posts are a damn good example - when your errors were pointed out to you or things explained to you, you responded in a very aggressive and downright insulting manner. Gerry is a very fair moderator and frankly, had you gone about like that on many other boards here, your posts would have been edited a hell of a lot quicker because others - myself included - won't accept that kind of crap.

You state that you want mature discussions, then you turn around and act like a ten year old, calling people names, deliberately misspelling their names or accusing them of all manner of things - like accusing me of being unreasonable through having done illegal drugs on the Drugs Laws thread. Now that IS defamatory, but more than that it's childish and stupid - which sums up everything about what you post, really.

You want a suggestion? Get the hell off boards before you cause trouble that you can't handle. Do some growing up. Maybe come back when you've done that, under a brand new alias - not a concept you're unfamiliar with, the new alias - and start afresh.

what do you mean by cant handle?

You honest to god should hope to never find out.

What Celt said, but here's a hint - do you have any CONCEPT of what I *could* have done to you, legally, when you stated as fact that I was incapable of sustaining logical argument due to taking an excess of illegal drugs? Now, I'll give as good as I get on Boards.ie and elsewhere, that's not a problem for me, but it is for other people, and the folk in charge here can tell you stories going back years of people getting very angry and very legal-minded over crap like that.

And that, kid, is just the tip of the iceberg. I might talk to a lawyer about stuff like that. Other people here take it a little more personally - for example, if you EVER plan to work in the IT industry in this country, you might want to think really, really carefully about who that next childish insult is directed at. It's a bloody small world.

so you would sue me, hmm big man.
    i never said you took drugs btw, if i recall exactly i said you have far more personal experience with drugs then me. later i made a comment that i would never be stupid enough to do drugs unlike some.

it would be a interesting one allright to see in court. doubt it would get far.

Ps i know you people think im a moron, but theres a big difference between being an asshole in real life and being one here. you only see this side, if we were to ever meet(not a threat in anyway) im sure your atitude would be quite different

Btw dont ever threaten me again, now it was typedef that brought up legal action not me, remeber that next time you go runing you mouth off.

Oh for gods sake.

Look, I'm sure I said this before, but there's a simple three step process here.

READ

COMPREHEND

RESPOND

You're apparently missing out step two, and quite possibly a fair bit of step one.

I did not THREATEN you with anything. I TOLD you what could happen as a result of stupid actions here. I'm not making this stuff up - what you say here carries every bit as much weight as what you say in real life. And yes, that even applies if you delete it - the wonders if the Internet mean nothing is ever REALLY deleted. You might want to bear that in mind.

You talk about the difference between you online and you in real life. Well, you should know something - there are a hell of a lot of people here who aren't very different in real life, simply because there's no point. One of DeVore's favourite sayings is "You own your own words", and that applies here as well as in the real world. If I were to meet you and decide for whatever reason that you were the best bloke ever in real life, it'd make not a damn whit of difference, because my day to day interaction with you is HERE and it's HERE that you'll be judged. You might want to bear that in mind too.

Oh, and you wouldn't be the first person to be on the recieving end of a slap in real life for shooting your mouth off in here. Trust me on this one, I ought to know. You might want to bear THAT in mind too.
    Btw dont ever threaten me again

Deary me. I haven't threatened you with anything yet. Actually I've been very polite indeed and attempted to explain some really basic stuff to you. I suppose this kind of aggressive, bullish response is what I should have expected, but at least I can say I tried, eh?

Dustaz. I'm sure you think you're being funny, but in reality your not.
    Please remove any reference to me from your signature.
    You are simply showing yourself up to be infintile and I actually find that quite abusive.
    Boston may think such denegration is fine, but I don't, kindly grow up and get yourself a life far, far away from me.

One of the principal ways you can do this is to remove all references to me that I find abusive from your signature.

Many thanks, your pal
    Typedef.

Oh and Dustaz if your vocabularly is so limited that you can't understand my posts, then that is your issue not mine why not try learning what the words mean instead of denegrating me for using them, are you afraid you're too stupid to understand them?
    Try this out in that case
    www.dictionary.com
    and please don't forget to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

yawn

• Advertisement

I refer you to amps first reply with regards to what i do and do not understand about your posts.

Your bessie mate
    Dusty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement