Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low noise(panaflo) fans

Options
  • 23-03-2002 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

anybody know places that sell these fans in the republic.

im looking into getting some. Id perfere panaflo(or panaflow to some) but id be interested in seeing what others offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Farnell and RS do Papst.
    Their ultra quite. something like 19Dba

www.farnell.com/ie
    www.rs.com (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Boston:

RS do Panaflos - not sure if they're low-noise ones or not, though (60mm isn't - it's a "medium-noise" M1A) . Browse through their online catalogue to:

All Products | Electrical | Fans/Thermal management | Fans | dc Fans

..and select "Hydro Wave Slimline Fans". They're down as "own brand" RS fans, but they're made by Panasonic and are Panaflos.

(Just be careful not to order a 24v one for a PC...)

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

are you sure that url is correct. what shiping costs are usualy involved in shiping from them. id be looking for an 80mm and a 120mm

dont take this the wrong way but:
    A problem has occured while trying to determine your selected destination on the site.
    This may have been caused by one of the following reasons:

Session Time Out
    Unfortunately, you have left too long between carrying out actions on the site and the session assigned to you has timed out.
    This is a security feature that we have enable to prevent unauthorised access to the site.

Click on this link to restart a session on the site.

Inaccurate Link
    Either the link you have taken or the address you have entered points to a page that does not exist.
    You may try entering the address again, ensuring that the spelling is correct (note, addresses are CaSe SeNsItIvE).

Alternatively, take one of the two links below:

Take this link to restart a session on the site.
    Take this link to return to the previous page you were on.

Ive been to that site before though, it was linked to in another thread. Any ideas on what the shiping would be. i tired to email them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ok, it was just a search results page from searching for hydro, it lists the panaflo's. I'd imagine postage on a fan would be pretty low, I've never ordered from them so not sure exactly. You might want to try ringing them, a lot of companies dont' take their email very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Boston:

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but the RS links are session-dependent, and that's why I told you how to navigate to the page rather than follow an exact link. Should be easy enough to find if you start by clicking "Electrical" in the left-hand menu and navigate down along the path I wrote above...

...should have pointed out that you go to http://www.radionics.ie/ first though - woops! :rolleyes:

Gadget.

yea i found them last night, they do infact seem to be panaflo(the pdf file for the fans had panaflo all over it) hmm, im thinking of getting the 80mm and the 120mm 12volt fans, problem is the pdf with noise level and cfm doesnt deal in sizes jsut model numbers(the one pdf that would actually open)

anyway ill ring them today, find out and confirm everything.
    actually works out cheaper to by them hear rather then papst abroad

Advertisement