Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3D Picture!

• 24-03-2002 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I was looking around the net and came across some 3D pictures and I decided to make my own. So here it is below. Tell me what you think! First person to see it will win a prize of their choice*!
    If you can't see it try;

1. putting your face really close to the screen and then moving away slowly for about a metre without blinking.

or

2. Cross your eyes and stare at the picture.

STATIC.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

stereo steve (7 seconds) my eyes hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Right, I can't see it, and seeing as how I don't really have 30 minutes or more to sit staring at this thing, what is it, how did you make it, and do you have any other tips for how to see these things quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

stereo steve yes got it too, my god it just appeared, how in the hell do you do that its fantastic.

and no i didnt cheat!!! i wanted to see if i could see it myself.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Even if you can't see the ship, the old name of the gif kind of gave it away

hurts your eyes like hell mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Its a schooner!
    No its not, its a sailboat...

A schooner is a sailboat stupidhead..

YOU KNOW WHAT? there is no easter bunny!

(gets back into his cave)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Just kind of cross your eyes Phaxx and move your head back and forth untill it comes into focus. You'll see a 3D picture that stands out.

I found a little program on the net that lets you convert *.bmp files into what looks like static. I can't remember the address. But if anyone wants it I'll email it to you. Its only about 50k. I also came across a another program that makes 3D pictures with the red and green pictures! Didn't download it though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ojthe1st at hotmail dot com

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

bah,

still cant see it,
    I've never in my life gotten one of these magic eye thingys:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by havok*
    bah,

still cant see it,

me neither. :( bah!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by havok*
    bah,

still cant see it,

Yer not the only one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its been wreaking my head for ages!
    Maybe if I was able to do it with one of a gif that I see beforehand, I could work it out..

ok guys look at the pic and relax your eyes, let them sort of cross and it will just pop out at you, but if you try for long to see it it will majicly disapear!!! its worth the effort

Heres the program I used to create the image.

rds2000

I had to rename it as *.txt to upload. Just rename it to *.zip and it should work. Its only 34kb.

And heres the image unscrambled in 2D. Keep looking and you'll see it!

Steve.gif

Thanks for that Ste, still can't even make out things I am making meself!

Try putting your facing almost against the screen and move back slowly. You might find it easier with a colour picute.

Heres a site I found:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~etzpc/gif.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have a headache after that and i can't work it out but i never was able to work them pictures before anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Heh that's the first time I ever got one of those to work. It's like your eyes relax and and you can see into the picture like it's a box and then when you move further away you can see the words.
    I cant get the program to work everytime I try to load an image it does nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my monitor here at home isn't big enough to look at the entire image all at once :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Thats class.

but the program you used link wouldnt work....can you zip it?

• Advertisement

LOL you must ahve a small one LOL

Originally posted by fi
    LOL you must ahve a small one LOL

... ?

Originally posted by phaxx

... ?
    Monitor what were you thinking??? ;)

read my post phaxx
    :)

Ahh, yes, well it was on the other page, you see, and since we;re all on dialup here in this large bog, I click next page, go get some cereal, some back, play some quake, then read the next page, and by then I've forgotten what mord says.

I was going to make a post to laugh at mordeth, but decided that would be just spammy, but since I'm posting now, I'll laugh at you while I'm at it.

HAH! SUCKS TO BE YOU!

sure does :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by phaxx

Yer not the only one.

me niehter :/

never ever seen a magic eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

I stopped looking at that infernal picture around the time my brain began leaking out my ears from it's madness.I bought a poster one of them a few years back.After weeks of staring at it,I realised that it said 'piss off'(which was a bit disheartening after wasting my childhood trying to decipher it.Ah well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Nope I cant make out a thing - that hurts my eyes when I try it cross eyed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Everytime I tried to do it crosseyed my eyes would just automatically refocus so it didnt work. Just go up real close and stare til your eyes go a bit weird you will notice a change kinda in the pattern of the picture and if you keep your eyes like that and move back you should be able to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I find it easier to see the 3D image on screen than I did on the posters. Still get a bit of a headache from it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

God - I feel like that guy in Mallrats :(

EvilGeorge, Your probably crossing your eyes too much! Try crossing them and then let your eyes focus back slowly! Also don't go to close to the screen. I find I can see the image best from about 1.5m away from the screen. Hope this helps!

Advertisement