Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new boards scheme thingy....

• 24-03-2002 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

What about adding a theme where the background image is linked to a local file ... something like "c:\myboardsbg.gif" ... so everyone can set their own background image, allowing for custom backgrounds without a fuss?
    Can't be that hard to do...

[copy & pasted from another thread that wasn't getting much attention]
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A problem with that though, is that it will only work for windows systems. Perhaps if there was some kind of smartey javascript or something running to detect the OS and change the path accordingly? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

how about allowing people to set they're own path!! wow wat a wild idea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well I did say 'something like' ... you could have seperate schemes for *nix file systems or whatever.
    It's not even a problem, as alternate OS folks don't have to use the scheme if it doesn't work for them.
    It's pretty safe to say most people on the boards are using some form of Windows anyway.

PS. Anyone else get the feeling Cloud is avoiding this post? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I get that feeling alright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh come on uncle Cloud, it can't be that tough can it? :)
    Scheme: Custom (Win32)
    Take the LOTR theme and change the background image path to something local, wah?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

the Kryptonian one is a bit..er...blue.
    I'll be sticking with the cloud one.

Was it bugged a few days ago?
    I was browsing with Opera and aload of teh images for buttons etc were missing. Seems ok now (at home on IE5)

Advertisement