Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terminator 3 casting

• 24-03-2002 3:15pm

For f*ck sake, have ye heard about the new terminator movie?

We all know the last two films were fantastic, the sequel probably improving upon the original in so many ways...now it just seems run-of-the-milll sequel ****e.

Firstly it seems to be a woman terminator this time...not being sexist but that just doesn't seem right. It changes the whole way the film works...(high pitched voice) "Come with me if you want to shop...sorry, live!" :p

Also, James Cameron won't be directing...it's his creation, that's kinda crap if he's not on board to do something with it.

Also, Edward Furlong won't be playing John Connor (maybe that's changed now though)...if that's the case, then the film will be pointless, I hate sequels when they change the actors to play the same character.

Doesn't seem good to me, I certainly hope i'm proven wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

goto
    http://filmforce.ign.com

Has loads of t3 stuff there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, this sequel does seem to be taking a few bad turns. Whatever about female terminator's, there machines, it hardly maters what sex they are - but then again, that's just the point. It doesn't matter. So why would "Skynet" bother to redesign the entire endoskeleton thingy to fit the contours of a female body... and apparently a "blond bombshell" of a body at that.

I blame Lara Croft.

The fact that Cameron has feck-all to do with it is a bit worrying as well, although apparently he has thrown in a few 'ideas'.

Btw.. Nick Stahl , from 'In The Bedroom', will be playing John Connor, and T3 has the highest ever greenlighted budget @ around US$170 million.

...so we can at least expect some good s/fx.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

No Schwarzenegger then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

It's going to be sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

awful shame that now, furlong is a fantastic actor.
    terminator 2 is one of the best films ever made and if they cant be arsed doing this properly they shouldnt bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Terminator No.X without Arnie isn't a terminator film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I definately think Arnie shouldn't be in the film. He's too old and he's just not cool anymore.

Not having Cameron will ruin it though - he just knew how to create good visuals so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gertrude

sounds like it isn't going to be very good. seeing as arnie returned as a good robot in the second one, maybe robert patrick can come back as a good guy this time. eh? his liquid metalness would surely coolify the film. also, edward furlong is a gee bag. glad he isn't in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just to qualify: Arnie IS doing the T3 film.
    You couldn't have a 'T' film without him...

As long as they don't give him a slew of those stoopid one line gags, a la:

"I'm all thumbs today" - When he dropped someone's thumb he was using to get past security

McBain of Simspons fame is such a good parody of the guy..
    Probably a better actor though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

What's the point of making a Terminator movie without three of the four main key ingredients that made the 1st and 2nd movie brilliant- ie. Jim Cameron, Edward Furlong and of course Arnie. (What about Linda Hamilton?? Is she coming back for T3??)
    If those three were involved then even the concept of a female terminator could work. Think of someone like Cetherine Zeta Jones as the terminatrix. She would be perfect for the role!
    Robert Patric was brillliant as the T1000 and I think an advantage he had was his lithe form, he has the body of a gymnast he was faster, more agile and a hell of a lot more powerful than arnie's terminator. Zeta Jones, as the terminatrix, could use that same formula to her advantage.

• Advertisement

Of course the question still remains as to whether Arnie can still play the role convincingly or is he over the hill. His new movie "Collateral Damage" is out in the next week or 2 so we can see if he can still do the action hero bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

will they show the female terminator nude if she goes back in time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Arnie is in it.
    Furlong ain't coz he is too outta it.
    Linda hamilton isn't doing it..but there will be flashbacks with her in it...done by.....HER IDENTICAL TWIN SISTER!
    And the female Terminator might be made out of ENERGY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

This is Cameron's baby - I can't believe he's been not directing.

Guess we'll have to get our sci-fi fix from the Matrix 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Furlong ain't coz he is too outta it.

Indeed. If he could possibly stop being arrested for drugs offences or going into rehab for five minutes, then maybe the guy might make a movie sometime. As it stands it's kinda unlikely.
    Linda hamilton isn't doing it..but there will be flashbacks with her in it...done by.....HER IDENTICAL TWIN SISTER!

Who really is identical - in fact, she was in Terminator 2, in the scene where the two Linda Hamiltons face off against each other in the steelworks....

There was talk of Carrie-Ann Moss playing the female terminator, but that all seemed to die down a few months back...

Linda Hamilton's twin sister was in another couple of scenes in T2. In the scene where Sarah and John open the terminator's head and switch the chip to leaning the mirror in front of them is actually a hole in the wall and the "reflection" is actually Arnie and the twin sister (Laura or something) mimicking Linda's moves exactly.

Advertisement