Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infra red ****

Options
  • 24-03-2002 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I want to control XMMS from my stereo remote control, there's what seems to be a very good plugin for it, but it depends on IRMan (www.evation.com/irman) which is commercial and i never order over the net or whatever, i'm just wondering does anyone know if there are any infra red receivers you can plug into your pc which are available in ireland in peats let's say?

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

They have one in Planet PC in Waterford.
    Last time i checked it was £100
    The number is 051 841551 or email john@planetpc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That is expensive. Probably a transmitter as well.

Anyway
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37240&highlight=reciever

Has all about it !

I got the stuff and stuck it together with no success. My attempt is currently being studied by an electronic engineer :)

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

When I get a digital camera I'll post a picture of mine, its still working perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by Gerry
    When I get a digital camera I'll post a picture of mine, its still working perfect.

what's your setup, gerry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

It was.
    You could transfer files from a laptop to your Pc or visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you look at the thread jpaulik posted it is explained, it is basically a reciever and some power conversion components soldered to a serial port connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Originally posted by PPC
    It was.
    You could transfer files from a laptop to your Pc or visa versa.

hehe yeah. Mad that for a transmitter and a reciever to be able to send and recieve files.

Gav

Advertisement