Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky begin to promote RTE+TV3

• 24-03-2002 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Its 100% official RTE and TV3 Are coming to a satellite near you.

Yesterday in the Irish Independent's magazine 'WEEKEND', sky had a full page advert offering half price installation. Pasted all over the page were real newspaper headings
    The Irish times-RTE Signs major digital deal with BSKYB
    Irish Independent-TV3 to join RTE on Sky digital platform
    TSBP-RTE's digital leap:The view from the ground

This was a Sky digital Advert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mocar

thanks jimbob you scooped me :p i was going on line to tell about said advertisement.
    mo

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Uncle Grueber

Jimbob, I could have told you that for free,... and saved you the cost of a newspaper. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

i was suprised The indo allowed such an advert cause of their relationship with Chorus but i suppose money talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by jimbob
    i was suprised The indo allowed such an advert cause of their relationship with Chorus but i suppose money talks

It was also in the RTÉ Guide I think.

Glenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Would the fact that they are real headlines taken from 3rd party newspapers mean that Sky wouldn't have to stand by the statements made in the headlines (if you know what I mean) ?

In other words, it's not Sky themselves who are making the statement "TV3 to join RTE on Sky Digital", but whichever newspaper printed the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by jimbob

Any paper will take any ad at present (within reason.)

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    Would the fact that they are real headlines taken from 3rd party newspapers mean that Sky wouldn't have to stand by the statements made in the headlines (if you know what I mean) ?

In other words, it's not Sky themselves who are making the statement "TV3 to join RTE on Sky Digital", but whichever newspaper printed the story.

"They said it, we didn't. We're only republishing!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Interesting stuff. I got a flyer stuffed through my letterbox from Sky on Friday. It also promoted the half-price deal, but made no suggestion and not even a hint re: RTE. I actually specifically looked for to see if they did anywhere, but nothing.

I can't remember if they are still advertising Tara as being 'available but subject to change, and at the discretion of the broadcaster' ...

Those flyers, like the ones in the RTE Guide a few weeks ago say that this offer closes on the 5th April. I fully expect the new campaign with RTE included to fully get under way pretty shortly after that.

I'd say that this weekend's offerings in the papers are just a taster of whats to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

I don't want to change the subject, but wouldn't it be a great opportunity for RTE to 'clean up' if they included ALL satellite listings in the RTE Guide when they begin broadcasting on APRIL 28TH.

.....I know I shouted that date but I'd be willing to take bets that I'm correct. Don't worry Damo, not inside information, I read it in the tea leaves !! :)

• Advertisement

Well, if the head of viewer realtions says the 23rd, who are we to argue!

On the RTÉ Guide, they are relauching on Wednesday, but I dont want a telephone directory for each edition!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    Those flyers, like the ones in the RTE Guide a few weeks ago say that this offer closes on the 5th April. I fully expect the new campaign with RTE included to fully get under way pretty shortly after that.

I'd say that this weekend's offerings in the papers are just a taster of whats to come.

I'm nearly sure that the half-price (provided you sign for a World package) promotion is to run until 14/15 April.

Advertisement