Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Sound Card

• 24-03-2002 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a "PCI Multimedia Audio Device" on my machine - well according to my system I do.

Trouble is, I do but it isnt working. I was just wondering are there any generic drivers around for such a card.

Oh and please dont tell me to find the manufactur name or FCC ID number - cause I dont have either, its simply a 4CH PCI Sound Card (made in China if thats any help) - its crap but it was working before I formatted the machine (and yes slap on the wrist for not getting the drivers before hand)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Does it not say on the card itself who manufactured it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

could try moving it to a different pci slot and letting windows dedect it and use its generic sound drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Look up some model nos from the card and type them into google - you might get lucky and grab a driver from the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Theres' no such thing as a generic driver as far as I know.

The name must be on the card somewhere, or at least a serial number.

I've just done a google and the following pages come up follow them in order and see if they match anything on the card

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/202/1042-2.htm look for Jaton on left column.

card described as ADVANCED WAVETABLE SYNTHESIZER 4CH 3D PCI SOUND CARD Part# SONICWAVE-SR4

http://db.jaton.com/FTP_Download/sound.asp

Good luck.

Mike.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Good god man, your avatar may be good looking but your descriptions are vagure.

Taking an educated guess I would say you have possibly a sound blaster or a variant of a ciruss logic es137x chip, but here is how you find out.

Turn off your pc. unscrew the left hand panel and remove.
    Touch a side of the metal case to earth yourself (be warned), unscrew the screw that hold in your pci device/sound card you should be able to tell whcih one by the wire stuck into the card ok, right, next, remove the card and touching as little of the circuitry (green parts) write down all of the number and words that appear on the 3 biggest chips on that device you removed.

Then gingerly put the card back using the prolog described above ok?
    Do (not) deviate from this, do not touch antything other than the card itself and the METAL part of your case right right?

Right right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

nah everything is cool now.

did a search using google, just kept entering various numbers into the search and voila, i found what i needed

so thanks to all who helped

Advertisement