Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce's in PCI

• 06-04-2001 11:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know were they're avaible
    I've heard they're hard to come accross and are they that much slower than AGP and are they cheaper or whats the story with the difference between the AGP and PCI stuff

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Certain models of the GeForce 2 MX are available in PCI. I don't know how they compare in performance, but I presume the PCI based card would be slower than a similar AGP based card. No other cards in the GeForce series are available in PCI bus form. AFAIK, Creative labs make both PCI and AGP mx's.

- Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye they're slower because they've half the bus bandwidth of AGPx1, but they usually employee an extra buffer to deal with PCIs limitations (not being able to "directly" access system memory a la AGP).

benchmarks compared to an equivalent AGP Geforce:
    http://www.pcroddin.com/tornadomxpci-3.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I know Peats in Dublin do a Creative GeForce 2 32MB card for around £130.

PC World have a dodgy 3D Prophet GeForce 2 32MB card for a similar price.

(Oh, they're PCI by the way smile.gif )

[This message has been edited by Kegser (edited 08-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I can supply you with 32MB NVidea GeForce 2 MX PCI cards for 100 quid a piece.
    Mail me on info@bite-ltd.com if you're interested...

Mayhem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

wot r Palitdaytona GeForce2 AGPs like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement