Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIVO in Ireland

• 24-03-2002 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

i am just wondering does anyone know why the reason TIVO is not available in Ireland. I love to see it. I think it would be much better than SKY +. Why wasnt it made available in ireland when it was released in the UK.

With SKY pushing SKY + i cant see TIVO coming here now.
    How come thay still do the deal with TIVO when its in competition with SKY + surely they would have stopped it by now.

I emailed TIVO about it asking about it in ireland they never answered my question right. CUT and Paste reply.

I think an email to backchat and viewer requests might be in order.

Which you get if you had the choice ? 26 votes

SKY +
    0% 0 votes
    TIVO
    76% 20 votes
    Both
    23% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Tivo is just a PVR, Sky+ is a STB/PVR combo.

Sky are not going to let every tom dick and harry manufacturer have access to VG secrets, its like the formula for coca cola.

Sky+ as it stands is too expensive and strangely, Sky got it wrong, uptake has not been good.

Sky like MS, can normally tell customers what they want and at their price but not on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would love to have Sky+ when it becomes available but no way will i get it and pay an extra £10stg to my subscription for recording facilities. if a decent priced life time subscription for the services it includes was introduced i would be tempted. TIVO is nothing more than a glorified VCR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I asked Sky before Chrismas, (they answered my email on Sky active information). They said they were working on it for the ROI.I believe things will improve for Irish BSkyB viewers since Mark Deering has taken over as Chief of Sky Ireland.
    Has anyone any further info on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I will be ringing Sky about this either today or tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i dont suppose sky will subsidise customers who want to upgrade to sky+... customers will have to upgrade to a dual or quad LNB and then theres the box too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I doubt if Sky will ever subsidise the Sky+ box but the quad LNB is included with the decoder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Thanks Shane O C be very interested to know how you get on. Thats if you get any better than" We dont know"

I voted for sky +
    Just to let you know theres one vote so far for both and thats not me-I'm not that mad!:D
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I Would Get it But that Stg£10 is what in € i hatew that exchange rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

€16.10 i think. if anyone knows for sure please correct me

• Advertisement
Advertisement