Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could I get some info on the DSL service?

Options
  • 25-03-2002 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

im really sorry if i sound like an eejit here or if this has been asked before..

could somebody please give me some info on the DSL service..

1) Are Eircon planning on releasing it all over ireland or just to specific areas in may?

2) about what price will it be?

3) is there any confirmation on any of these?

thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

bound to be some areas not covered. rest asured that it will be in the country, cork limerick galway ect , but in what form no body knows, it may be exclusive to esat in the country and eircom in dublin. who knows.

price, god only knows.

not really any confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Tizlox
    im really sorry if i sound like an eejit here or if this has been asked before..

could somebody please give me some info on the DSL service..

1) Are Eircon planning on releasing it all over ireland or just to specific areas in may?
    No. Initially it will only be released in the areas that it is currently trialling in. These areas are only in Dublin (mostly southside, some northside areas). There was a list of all the enabled exchanges somewhere on this forum, but i cant find it:)
    A phased rollout across the country will then take place.
    There is still no confirmation of when this will take place. The old axiom of 'Soon...Dont hold your breath' probably applys.
    No-one is quite sure. The 'official' price is still Eur132 per month, altho new reports set it at around 80-100 euro. This has not been confirmed AFAIK.
    The download cap of 3 Gigs seems to be still planned.
    no :/

thanks.. [/B][/QUOTE]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This will sound sarcastic, but it's the truth:

We don't know it will be released in May. We don't know where it will be released.

We don't know.

No.

Again, that's the way it is. There is no guarantee that DSL will be released by Eircom in May, all we've heard ir rumour and supposition. Neither do we know who will release it, where they will release it, or how much it will cost. Any commentary on any of these, unless they come direct from the horse's mouth's, will be guff. Don't listen to it.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

don't matt its all still pie in the sky it will probably go all pearshaped like the isdn or chorus's mystical " powernet"

the general policy of eircom is "too little , Too late"

Advertisement