Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considerate, tactful, caring, intelligent, forward thinking, polite and prompt

Options
  • 25-03-2002 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

None of these words id use to describe eircom.

but there ADSL department has me at a lost for words.

The service seems to be bang on, constant connection quality, though like all pppoe services the connection does drop randomly. (no a problem if you have it set right though)

the guy that installed the service(subcontractor, ex eircom employee) knew exactly what he was doing, he arrived when he said he would, installed it and left within a half an hour, and did a bang up job.

The staff at the department are excellent, I even spoke to the department head who was from all account a very sound and decent guy.

They even rang we up to make sure I was going ok and had no complaints

the most surprising thing was they rang me today, to tell me that services will be dropped tomorrow for about an hour while they upgrade some lines. She just rang to apologize in advance for any discomfort. I had to sit down for a minute upon hearing this.

seriously who are these guys, they cant be eircom standard employees, does eircom have some kind of sub company handling ADSL, was that a odtr requirement for competition?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have no doubt that the praise will be welcomed with joy in Eircom this morning Boston, but what exactly has this got to do with "the campaign for affordable flat-rate and broadband Internet services in Ireland"?

Bard, I vote for a move, what about you? Where to though? I think the "Eircom are brilliant" forum was deleted due to high bandwidth requirements.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

just asying, were allways quick to slag them off, why arnt we as quick to thank them when they do something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Boston
    just asying, were allways quick to slag them off, why arnt we as quick to thank them when they do something right.

Because of two reasons: 1. Instances of that happening are few and far between... and 2. This isn't the place to discuss how helpful or friendly eircom's staff are, - the forum isn't for either berating or praising them or any other telco just for the sake of it, it's for the discussion of the campaign that IrelandOFFLine are waging.

Oh, and dahamsta... I'd say the Recycle Bin... strange how many of Bostons ramblings end up there, mind you :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, it's still significant, I just don't think it's on-topic for IrelandOffline. I'll move it to Nets/Comms, the mod there can decide what they want to do with it. I'll leave a redirect.

The Nets/Comms mod must hate me at this stage. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

still waiting for them to do something right for me ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Recycle bin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Adam...

I'm gonna start sending as much crap yeer way as i can :)
    Anyway.. this doesn't belong here. Just gonna lock it and let it fall far far away.

Gav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement